TFAA State Indoor (Waco) - great shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFAA State Indoor (Waco) - great shoot

Had a very exciting weekend in Waco at the TFAA state indoor event. What a great group of guys I met there, shooting in the traditional division!

For many years I've looked up to all the guys who shot that NFAA 300 round so well with the traditional gear - guys like Mike Frizzell, Mel Sowell, Randy Koopman (here in TX) and Ty Pelfry, Mark Applegate and Alan Eagleton from CA. Anyone who can routinely break 270 in competition on that target has always impressed me.

Well, I was fortunate to join that group last weekend, improving on Mike Frizzell's Texas state record by 10 points with a 280 average over the two days. What a great feeling. All the while, I enjoyed tremendous support and encouragement from the guys I was shooting with. It was such a positive environment, I can't wait to get back next year and do it again.

I had been saving one special brew, given to me by the parent of one of my students for just such an occasion. It was a great way to celebrate.
    Attached Files

Great job!!!

Comment

That is AWESOME John !!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick

Comment

Good shooting!

Congrats,

Bisch

Comment

Congrats! Should have stopped by and said Hi. I had the table with the pens and everything else.

Chris

Comment

Chris, that was an awesome display. I love those pens! And good on you for giving little Shelby Smith a pointer. She showed it to me and was SO proud of it! I'll be sure to say hello next year.

Comment

Congratulations John! Liz was excited when I told her about it.

Comment

Way to go man! That is very fine shooting! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                X