Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bald eagle sitting, was really suprised!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bald eagle sitting, was really suprised!

Headed to my property this am in Navarro co and on my way back I noticed what looked like a bald eagle sitting just off the road in a field. I hit the brakes and looked in disbelief then it hit, pics or it didn't happen.
    I put truck in reverse to get a better angle and of course he took to flight. Solid white head and a solid white tail. It was crazy, didn't think they ever got into this area. This was just east of Milford.

****well I should have proof read the title better......sighting******

Yep, they are spreading like crazy! Had one in our front yard back in December.

Comment

Saw a couple in Leon co couple years ago.
      And lots of caracara.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
        Saw a couple in Leon co couple years ago.
        And lots of caracara.
        Caracara was my first thought when I saw but soon realized it wasn't. Cool to see.

Comment

We see them in frost when all the snow geese show up. Really cool to see one take a snow out of the air.

Comment

They are impressive when you see them first hand. We are lucky in Central Texas to have quite a few

Comment

I had one on my place in Robertson county a few week ago

Comment

I've seen one at my place in Navarro county as well! Pretty awesome and made me do a double take as well. They are flourishing now compared to thirty years ago.

Comment

Pretty sure there is/was a pair nesting in the river bottom near me.

See them occasionally

They are doing a lot better than when I was a kid for sure

Comment

I have one fishing my pond on regular bases.

Comment

Saw two on Sam Rayburn this weekend.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Tbar;13293666]I have one fishing my pond on regular bases.[/QUOTE

They will do a number on a pond very quickly if they stay around.

Comment

I saw 2 in the last 2 weeks. First ones I’ve ever seen in person.

Comment

there are several here in navarro county out on fm 3194 out by piskee ridge see them all the time

Comment

The pair in the Woodlands are very active this year. They have two eaglets getting ready to fly the coop. All four were sitting by the nest this past weekend. If you hurry, you can get some awesome pics, you can stand very close to the nest. I think they will leave the nest at the end of this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X