Dipping snuff in the stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dipping snuff in the stand

I dip Copenhagen Long Cut, and usually just spit on the ground from my climber. I've tried using empty water bottles but the noise it can make if you need to put it away quickly when a deer approaches has killed that. Have I killed deer when spitting on the ground? Yes, but I've also been blown many times and wonder how many was due to me spitting all over the base of my tree.

Has anyone figured out the perfect spitting solution that doesn't scent your area of flavored spit, or is a convenient quiet way using a bottle or other type of spittoon?
    Last edited by jimmyjams4110; 10-06-2017, 01:31 PM.

Just last night I had 3 deer within 7 yards of me and I was only about 12 feet off the ground in my lock on. I was frozen and they wouldn't leave, took about 30 minutes of them just eating all the grass around me. I was spitting the whole time. I really don't think its a factor.

In fact I spit once and it hit a bare spot on the ground and made a louder than usual sound. They all picked their heads up and looked, then went back to eating. Don't think the smell ever bothered them.

Comment

I've never noticed that it bothered them.

Comment

Last year I killed mine about 2 minutes after putting a fresh one in

Comment

Just spit it will be fine

Comment

for the 30 plus years I dipped I never noticed them seem to mind. been 3 years without now

Comment

Long time dipper here and I pretty much never dip in the tree anymore for fear of blowing my hunts. I have killed plenty of deer with a dip in my mouth, but the scent can't help. I also used to buy the apple skoal just for when I was hunting. LOL Not sure if it helped or not.

Comment

plenty of other threads on this same subject alreaady

Comment

I spit out a dip and a spike came by and stuck his nose in it. The dance/sneezing fit after was worth admission. Funny as all get out.

Comment

I don’t know but this thread sure makes me want a dip. I hit the 1 year mark this month and still miss it like crazy!!

Comment

Swallow! Back when I used to dip, I never noticed it bothering them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

plenty of jokes to be made here!

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        Swallow! Back when I used to dip, I never noticed it bothering them.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FireNguns View Post
                          I don’t know but this thread sure makes me want a dip. I hit the 1 year mark this month and still miss it like crazy!!
                          Keep at it! I quit for 4.5 months, and about 1 month ago I got one, it is a great as I remember but I regret getting it, afraid I won't be able to stop again

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                            Just spit it will be fine
                            I tried to tell her....

Comment

Originally posted by NewBallCoach View Post
                              Keep at it! I quit for 4.5 months, and about 1 month ago I got one, it is a great as I remember but I regret getting it, afraid I won't be able to stop again
                              I "quit" for 4 years. Started up again

Comment

Working...
                              X