Everyone meet Dixie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone meet Dixie

Well after the thread looking for help picking between a Boykin or lab I was given a contact from GClyde and ended up finding a lab pup. She is 8 months old and my project to try to train into a good duck dog. This is my first time to train one but she has it in her blood to be good. The dad is Rody Best's from Best Retrievers dog blue who has 54 MH passes and 5 MNH passes and in master hunter hall of fame and mom is from Muddy Oak retrievers Mocha and has her JH title and working on SH title soon. Dixie will be smaller frame, which I wanted, and only 55lbs full grown.

Any tips or pointers on training are much appreciated! [emoji6][emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice looking pup.

Comment

Read "Water Dog" by Richard Wolters. I have trained several using his methods.

Comment

Originally posted by Jtrisler View Post
        and laughed my tail off...great book

Comment

Great looking lab.

Comment

Great looking pup! I love labs!

Comment

One of the best labs I've ever been around/hunted with was a small framed female named Dixie.

Comment

Yes !

Comment

Cute pup!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

same size and look as my old chocolate lab, pretty girl
                    as for training, get the obedience training down pat ,then let those natural instincts and ability go to work. good luck and have fun!

Comment

Beautiful pup!

Comment

Don't mean to hijack, but I've seen several people refer this book. Looks like it's about $18 on Amazon. I also have a young pup I'd like to train, mostly just common obedience commands. Would this book be useful, even if I'm not really sure if I want to make him a hunting dog? Thanks in advance.

OP, that's a good looking pup, good luck with your training!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

check out freddie king and bill hillman on youtube, very good and step by step, bill hillman usually comes down to texas for seminar and is very good, ive seen rody at some of the hunt test and he always has great dogs, enjoy your new friend

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            Don't mean to hijack, but I've seen several people refer this book. Looks like it's about $18 on Amazon. I also have a young pup I'd like to train, mostly just common obedience commands. Would this book be useful, even if I'm not really sure if I want to make him a hunting dog? Thanks in advance.

Yes it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post

Try YouTube. It's free, and a good place to start.

Comment

Working...
                              X