Round Bow Blind Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round Bow Blind Build

I've been kicking around the idea of building a round blind for a while now. I built a couple Hexagon blinds and I really like them, but round sounds so much cooler!

Started with a treated 2X4 frame. I decided to make it 6 feet with a flat spot where the door is going to be.
    Attached Files

I knew there would be lots of Jig Saw work with all the radius cuts, but was not too bad. I used 3/4 plywood for the floor, top plates, and window openings. The frame around the door squares off against the radius so those boards had to be ripped on angle in the Table Saw.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Skinning it with 3/8 plywood.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very Nice. Heavy? or manageable?

Comment

Roof framing.

The center hub is 4 pcs of 3/4 plywood sandwiched together. I cut the angles to make a 12 sided polygon. You could just go round but having the flat spots on there really made screwing it all together much easier.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SneakyP View Post
              Very Nice. Heavy? or manageable?
              It's not bad, but definitely going to be a two man job getting it on the trailer.

Comment

Wow, nice

Comment

Like having your own silo.

Comment

Next I mocked up the window track and skinned the roof. The roof was the biggest pain, I had to take the panels off a few times to get the cuts right. I ended up doing it in two pcs. The window track is a U-channel that is used as a cap to go on the edges of lattice. I only did half the window to make sure it was going to work as I envisioned. I don't want any bare wood on the outside so I pulled it back off to paint the wood underneath the track.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Where did you get the u channel?

Comment

I didn't take a picture of it before I started painting, but I added the trim boards around the eves and vertical seems. I got it all primed inside and out this evening with the help of the kids and my girlfriend. Going to paint the inside black and the outside a drab green with some type of camo pattern, not real sure on that part.

Oh did I mention I also have two 12 volt fans, a motor cycle battery and a solar panel I'm installing?

More to come over the weekend!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                          Where did you get the u channel?
                          They have it at Home Depot on the isle where all the wood fence accessories and brackets are. I will add a close up picture of it tomorrow.

Comment

That's great! Thanks for sharing.Your round blind makes mine look like childs work.

Comment

Nice job! In for the finished pics and the install out in the woods!

Comment

Working...
                              X