Blad Eagle nest in the Woodlands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blad Eagle nest in the Woodlands

It really cool to see up close. Two adults and one baby, soon to be flying. You can get right up next to the nest, well about 50 yards away.
    Attached Files

Awesome

Comment

Can see it from my office window! Great to see the pair when they are soaring over the lake...

Comment

That's way coo right there. Definately something to show the kids

Comment

That is very cool to see..

Comment

Is that across the street from Methodist Church?

Comment

Awesome. I was 20 years old before I saw my first Bald Eagle in the wild, and that was in North Florida. So great to see them make a comeback here in Texas. I see one about once/week around the Colorado River near Columbus.

Comment

The tree is by the bridge over the lake. Some were concerned the pair wouldn't return this year due to all the construction nearby but they still came back.

Comment

YES! When we lived on Lake Houston(Atascocita/Kingwood) they were moving in big time!!! Now the spread of the mating pairs is growing every year. Love it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

never seen them nest in the wild, but have seen them many times while out fishing on the lake

Comment

Yes, it's across from the Methodist Church by Hugh's Landing. It has a wrought iron fence around the three acre reserve. It sits right next to all the construction for Hugh's Landing.

Grimas, it's not by a bridge. It's next to a parking garage under construction. The eaglet is ready to fly at any time. It gets on the side of the nest and flaps it wings. My kids and me go by every week to watch them.

Comment

That's awesome

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post

Grimas, it's not by a bridge. It's next to a parking garage under construction. The eaglet is ready to fly at any time. It gets on the side of the nest and flaps it wings. My kids and me go by every week to watch them.
                          Thanks - I've been looking at the wrong group of trees! I get to see mom and dad when they are out flying by my window but couldn't understand why I couldn't see the nest... Doh!

Comment

Bladiful!!!

Comment

Yup, I can see the other side of that nest from my building.

Comment

Working...
                              X