Review of DB Hunting Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Review of DB Hunting Ranch

I am new to this board and thought I'd start with a review of DB Hunting Ranch located in Bertram, TX. It is only 40 mi's north of Austin and very easy to get to. The ranch consists of about 150 acres, high-fenced, with hogs and exotics. There is a camping area with a small bunkhouse and BBQ area. The rates are reasonable - $125/day which includes both an AM and PM hunt. There are 7 feeders, each with a tripod for bowhunting and a regular rifle blind. The hunts are semi-guided with the guides taking you to and from the blinds, as well as helping to track any game. The guides are very friendly and knowledgable hunters. I have been 3 times, and it's a very convenient place to get in some good bowhunting. The only minor drawback is that the hogs are a little skittish at times, but I typically have always had shots. The owners, Danny and Kelly, are very nice and operate the ranch as a family place. I recommend it.

How much are the exotic hunts and what could one expect to see?

Comment

Exotics pricing

When I was there last month they had a special for one hog and a fallow doe for $325; usually exotic does go for $350 - this includes axis, fallow, and sika; bucks are more. The website has full pricing; www.dbhuntingranch.com.

Comment

Working...
      X