"Official" SHNF 14-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Jimmyjams.

So today was interesting to say the least. Showed up late sun was already coming up, figured I wouldn't see anything but it was better then sitting at home all day. Around 930 the coffee hit me, figured with everyone elses luck having to pee in the stand I might attract some deer. Wouldn't you know it 15 minutes later here comes two does. Never gave me a good shot but I did get a better look at where they are coming from. Back home to eat some lunch then at it again for an afternoon hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by lostfitter View Post
      Congrats Jimmyjams.

So today was interesting to say the least. Showed up late sun was already coming up, figured I wouldn't see anything but it was better then sitting at home all day. Around 930 the coffee hit me, figured with everyone elses luck having to pee in the stand I might attract some deer. Wouldn't you know it 15 minutes later here comes two does. Never gave me a good shot but I did get a better look at where they are coming from. Back home to eat some lunch then at it again for an afternoon hunt.

I think everyone owes me a beer. I started the peeing in the stand trick. Next thing y'all will be pooping behind the tree lol.

Comment

I am thinking about bottling my pee. If any one wants to buy some let me know.

Comment

Congrats jj way to get it done and not giving up on the play.

Comment

Congrats Jimmy! Way to get back out there and keep looking. I'm curious what it was that led you to her, more blood or just a lucky find? And did you but her to see what was hit that far forward? I'm guessing you missed lungs but hit some arteries leading to the heart or lungs. The blood on the ground looks like an artery was squirting out.

Comment

That's awesome JJ! Congrats on getting 2 does down with a bow!
              I'm surprised her front shoulders weren't broke down and that she could run anywhere.
              I'm also surprised you didn't see her fall. Good shot, maybe a tad forward, but good shot

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                I think everyone owes me a beer. I started the peeing in the stand trick. Next thing y'all will be pooping behind the tree lol.
                Peeing in the stand? I heard you were playing with it

Congrats JJ! Glad you were able to salvage the best parts of her at least.

Comment

So ready to hit the woods. Tomorrow. I need a camping weekend.

Comment

Hope to hit it as well in the AM. Speaking of Human Urine, I had my Labrador Retreiver accidently follow me one morning to my bow stand I had put up next to an active scrape. Before I could catch my dog, he marked his territory on the scrape. Took my dog back to camp, and went back to my stand. 2 hours later I had a huge 9 point buck show up and sniffed that scrape. I missed the buck from point blank range but learned a little something that morning when it comes to Urine. Hint Hint

Comment

Originally posted by G MONEY View Post
                      Hope to hit it as well in the AM. Speaking of Human Urine, I had my Labrador Retreiver accidently follow me one morning to my bow stand I had put up next to an active scrape. Before I could catch my dog, he marked his territory on the scrape. Took my dog back to camp, and went back to my stand. 2 hours later I had a huge 9 point buck show up and sniffed that scrape. I missed the buck from point blank range but learned a little something that morning when it comes to Urine. Hint Hint

That's right!! It's not urine that gets you busted. Its the other stuff like Bo and scented soaps and cleaners.

Comment

In the tree now, wind keeps shifting
                        This is the money hour in last two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Liven4TheHunt View Post
                          In the tree now, wind keeps shifting
                          This is the money hour in last two weeks.

Good luck out there!!

Comment

Good luck L4TH. Get'er done. JJ's kill and recovery has got me pumped. I'll be after it tomorrow morning!!

Comment

Originally posted by JP Saenz View Post
                              Good luck L4TH. Get'er done. JJ's kill and recovery has got me pumped. I'll be after it tomorrow morning!!
                              Absolutely!! Congrats JJ !! Me and Freight Mover will be up
                              North on Sunday all day. Good luck everyone!

Comment

Yes big congrats on the kills.

Still no movement up to now.

Comment

Working...
                                X