Home/Cabin Builder Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home/Cabin Builder Question

I am wanting to build a small mother in law's apartment/cabin at the house. I am looking at basically an efficiency 10'X20' building with a bathroom, and then a bedroom/kitchen/dining all in one. What would the cost per square foot be roughly? No slab-building on blocks so it would be semi portable. Building only exclusive of appliances. Probably looking at a very small kitchen area w/college stove, college fridge, micro, sink, etc.

I'll be following this one.. Wanting to do the same thing for a man cave

Comment

there a several pre built ones you can find on line..kinda gives you a ball park..deercabins.com....do a search here as well..lots have done deer cabins this way lately

Comment

I built one 12x24 to use as an office a few years ago. No bathroom, just a four foot closet on one end. The rest is one large space. Good windows, inexpensive carpet directly on the subfloor, Smartboard interior walls and trim, finished out nice. It cost me ~$42/foot. I had a framer I know send a 3 man crew out to set the piers/posts in concrete and frame it up, including siding and roof deck. Finished all interior myself (me and my dad), except for the insulation (less to have a truck come out than cost of the material).

Hope this helps.
        Last edited by Ouch; 05-08-2013, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Thanks anyone else?

Comment

Cabin Locator Dealer Locator Don't forget to ask your dealer about skirting packages! 18' X 59' = 1,062 Square Feet Our newest finished cabin model.  Named after Mr. James Campbell himself. Floor Plan Specs More Pictures Virtual Tour

Comment

Working...
            X