Ram hunt questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram hunt questions.

Looking for a ram hunt for during the week. Just put the nix on the Wildlife Ranch idea. Thinking about Bar E. What are the average size of ram at Bar E? Is it worth the extra $170? I know what Thompson Temple has for $190 and up. Are the Bar E animals at least a full curl for $350? Got any pix of Bar E rams? Thanks. Sorry for so many questions.

Skeeter

Here's a pic of one of my Bar E rams. The two times I was there this seemed to be the average size, although most of the rams I saw had a curl closer to the face than this.

Comment

Just got back from Bar E and their Rams are very very nice. It is well worth it! I give the living quarters a 5 star. Full Kitchen, smoker, grill and all the seasoned mesquite you can burn. At several times I had at least 20 to 25 Rams within 15 yards of me and this was at every stand I was in. Larry has alot of tree stands and tripods. Lean to tree stands were 15 and 20 ft and the tripods were 8 and 12 ft. You will not be disappointed if you go to Bar E.

Comment

Wildwill, Did you shoot anything? Pix, man, pix!

jbamburg, nice ram congrats. Are you related to Ronnie, Bonnie, Larry and Kerry Bamburg in Houston?

Looks good. Yall are making it hard on me to say no. How far out of town is Bar e? Are there any places to eat in town that will be open late (after evening hunt)? Would be nice not to have to cook and clean up.
        Last edited by skeeter; 05-03-2007, 02:35 PM.

Comment

I thought I had some pictures from the Bar E on my memory stick, but I can't seem to find them.

From my 4 trips there, most of the rams were high Bronze or Silver medal rams. Jbamburg's is a pretty good representation of what you'll see, but occasionally, we saw some bigger ones.

Hondo is only about 8-10 miles from the ranch. There's a couple good mexican resturants, a good burger barn, and a few fast food joints. It's not gourmet food, but it'll make a ****!

Comment

Skeeter I don't know of any relatives in Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              It's not gourmet food, but it'll make a ****!
              Wow - with a recommendation like that how could you ever think to make a sandwich with some summer sausage. I'd be heading to town every chance I got!

You might also want to look at the Double L ranch near Victoria. It might be a little closer for you and Pops has some REALLY nice rams. At least he did 2 weeks ago. I've never been to the Bar E and want to go, so I can't give you a comparison. I was at Nolton Creek twice and saw nice rams but I read in another thread that it sold recently. Not sure if there will be any changes to the management or not. The ranch had been for sale for several years.

Good luck with whatever place you decide to hunt and remember, if you ain't got pics it didn't happen!
              Last edited by stevesflyshop; 05-03-2007, 03:17 PM. Reason: forgot sumptin

Comment

Don't start with me ... YANKEE!

You're the only person I've ever met that ate a summer sausage, mayo, and pickled cactus TACO!!!

Comment

And for the record, I'm still eating those pickled cactus. Couldn't trick the family into believing you guys ate those like candy. They weren't buying it. After a couple of Stars though they aren't too bad.

Comment

Thanks yall. Gonna check out Double L's web site also.

Comment

Working...
                    X