Texas Gun Law Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
    1. I didnt join into his verbal tirade. Im sure thats what he wanted. It ended there.

2. Stuck in traffic

3. See 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Right but earlier in the post you said "Some ****** was honking his horn at me so gave him the bird. He rolls down his window to inform me “**** you *****” so I smiled and gave him the bird again."

The exact opposite of what you should have done my friend. Why not try to calm him down instead of firing him up more?

Somebody flipping you off in traffic is far from a legitimate threat. De-escalate, ignore, and go about your day.
    Last edited by yotethumper; 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
      No, 9.42 is NOT applicable to your wife. Your wife is covered under 9.31. Try again.

No. Dont think I will. You arent to pleasant right now.

Comment

The correct answer is no, you cannot. I can't even use deadly force to protect my K9 partner.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          Ok.. gotta ask... why you dead lifting horses?
          That seems like an odd hobby...

Houses.

Comment

Originally posted by yotethumper View Post
            Right but earlier in the post you said "Some ****** was honking his horn at me so gave him the bird. He rolls down his window to inform me “**** you bitch” so I smiled and gave him the bird again."

The exact opposite of what you should have done my friend. Why not try to calm him down instead of firing him up more?
            This. This is why people should NOT buy Prius.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
              Houses.

pity.. Horses wouldve made for a cool story...

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                Not an apples to apples. And it is in Louisiana. But the guy that shot Joe McKnight got convicted of manslaughter.

Gasser, who did not take the witness stand in his own defense, told investigators that he shot McKnight from the driver’s seat of his car as the former NFL player stood at Gasser’s open passenger-side window on Dec. 1, 2016.

According to Gasser, he feared for his life when McKnight made an aggressive movement, or lunged in such a way as to attempt to get inside his vehicle. Gasser’s lawyer argued that his client was justified in defending himself with lethal force under Louisiana’s so-called “stand-your-ground” law.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-l...-idUSKBN1FG05I
                La is almost a communist state when it comes to some of their laws. Citizens have very little defense.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                  The correct answer is no, you cannot. I can't even use deadly force to protect my K9 partner.
                  The fly in the ointment. Don't know if I believe this, I know I don't agree with it.

Comment

Don't ever answer that you thought your dog was in danger, it was you or another person that you thought was in danger.

Comment

A lawyer would be a much better person to ask specifics of laws than LEOs

"But my cop buddy said its OK" doesn't hold up in court...

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post

I figured. What about non deadly? Can I swing on someone harming my dog and be within my rights?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                          The fly in the ointment. Don't know if I believe this, I know I don't agree with it.
                          Believe it or not....don't really care. K9 is "property" of the department. Can't use deadly force to protect property. I don't like it either........

Comment

In LTC class I lea4ned that while I would want my wife or daughters to shoot first and ask questions later, I will most likely use my hands. If you shoot some9ne you are going to jail. Then trial at which your fate will be in the hands of other people.....who may be liberal snowflakes.

I like mine and my dogs chances.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              I am absolutely shocked to read this coming from you...Mr. Human Life is More Important Than a Dog's Life.

Fascinating.

Carry on.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                                In LTC class I lea4ned that while I would want my wife or daughters to shoot first and ask questions later, I will most likely use my hands. If you shoot some9ne you are going to jail. Then trial at which your fate will be in the hands of other people.....who may be liberal snowflakes.

I like mine and my dogs chances.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                                You’re not going to jail if you shoot someone legally. You’ll go to a grand jury but unless there’s probable cause that you broke the law, why would they take you to jail?

Comment

Working...
                                X