Need help ASAP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miket View Post
    At this time it sounds like 'he" hasnt done anything illegal, unless I am missing something. Not illegal to message, text, talk etc to a little girl. Weird and wrong, yes. Illegal, no.

Come on man, ^^^ this helps not at all. I suppose you don’t have a daughter,niece, or know this little girl? What illegal act should they hold out for? The OP asked for help. Not legal analysis. SMH . Hope this gets resolved soon Cale, scary stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by NotJose View Post
      Come on man, ^^^ this helps not at all. I suppose you don’t have a daughter,niece, or know this little girl? What illegal act should they hold out for? The OP asked for help. Not legal analysis. SMH . Hope this gets resolved soon Cale, scary stuff.
      Calm your panties. I do indeed have a daughter. I didnt say he shouldnt be upset or that it is ok. Is this all you can do to help? He didnt ask for a critique of others posts either

Comment

scary stuff going on these days. Sucks that every kid has a phone these days. We don't want ours to have em but im sure if we don't then they will be the only ones and we will be parents etc seem like ya cant win sometime trying to raise kids these days

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
          I work in schools and can tell you that if you are the kind that gets all riled up about how your tax dollars are spent then dont ever dig into how much time your school administrators and resource officers spend dealing with phones and social media drama.
          yep

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
            It is normal for an 11 year old to be on instagram. We monitor is frequently. What I didn’t know is she created a page I didn’t know about. She has not posted or said or done anything inappropriate. Her mistake was hiding this page from us and trusting someone she doesn’t know.

Things will change in our house after this. I’m not sure what we will do yet. This is all fresh.

I am letting the authorities do their job on this one.
            simple... take the SMART phone away. I have PMC of an 11 year old grand daughter. Ain't no way I'm giving her a smart phone or allowing her on social media, of any flavor.

Comment

As a father of 3 daughter's, this scares the hell out of me. I know I have to pick and choose my battles, but we a certain rules at our house. All homework (done on laptops) is done at kitchen table in plain view of mom and dad's eyes to monitor what is going on, phones are turned off at bedtime and put in "device" basket in living room, and under no circumstance is a phone allowed in bathroom when they are doing whatever it is that girls do in the bathroom for so dang loooooooong (good grief). Maybe I'm being over protective, but things that happen in this day and age scares the bejeezus out me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Scary stuff, I'm glad you found it when you did. This is why I'm skeptical on most phones being smart phones today. It opens up young children who don't know any better to speak to random people over the internet. Too many crazy people out there

Comment

It is normal for an 11 year old to be on instagram. We monitor is frequently. What I didn’t know is she created a page I didn’t know about. She has not posted or said or done anything inappropriate. Her mistake was hiding this page from us and trusting someone she doesn’t know.

Things will change in our house after this. I’m not sure what we will do yet. This is all fresh.

Based off what I see and hear, I would say it isn't uncommon.

Comment

No its not at all. Good job catching it quick but I think you learned the hard way. I have three daughters in middle school so these phones are just one more thing to have to worry about.

Comment

Let this be a lesson to all parents out there myself included. I may not be considered the coolest dad because of my strictness but ill be ****ned if I don't keep tabs on my kids. if the op wasn't paying attention to his daughter this could have gotten very bad very quick. Props to the quick reaction and praying for some good news. God bless

Comment

Scares the heck out of me to be raising my daughter in this day and age. I hope all ends well and your daughter learns from it. I'll be praying for you.

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                          No its not at all. Good job catching it quick but I think you learned the hard way. I have three daughters in middle school so these phones are just one more thing to have to worry about.
                          I disagree - I have 3 Daughter's myself. All heavily involved in sports, be it cheer / soccer / volleyball. 2 of them are 11 and nearly every teammate has snapchat.

Comment

Originally posted by MONSTERKEN View Post
                            As a father of 3 daughter's, this scares the hell out of me. I know I have to pick and choose my battles, but we a certain rules at our house. All homework (done on laptops) is done at kitchen table in plain view of mom and dad's eyes to monitor what is going on, phones are turned off at bedtime and put in "device" basket in living room, and under no circumstance is a phone allowed in bathroom when they are doing whatever it is that girls do in the bathroom for so dang loooooooong (good grief). Maybe I'm being over protective, but things that happen in this day and age scares the bejeezus out me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think we have the same daughters. I have a don't ask don't tell on the bathroom.

I took a hard stance with my girls phones in the beginning figuring it would be easier to loosen up the reins rather than have them screw up and hit rewind.

I have a phone drawer they go into in the evenings.

I have the phones locked down so they can't install any apps without me getting an alert for their approval.

They can do all the social media they want when they pay me back for the phones and pay the monthly fee.

I spot check them too unannounced. I have had no issues as of yet.

It's coming though and like the OP said it doesn't take but a day and the plans we have get flushed down the toilet.

Comment

I dont think he was asking for parenting advice.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                I disagree - I have 3 Daughter's myself. All heavily involved in sports, be it cheer / soccer / volleyball. 2 of them are 11 and nearly every teammate has snapchat.
                                For what?

Why not get a group txt going?

Comment

Working...
                                X