No announcement yet.

Turkey Pot Call recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just took delivery of a twisted sister pot. Holy hell is that thing easy to run and sounds awesome. Pretty sure I'm takin my box call outta my vest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
      I just took delivery of a twisted sister pot. Holy hell is that thing easy to run and sounds awesome. Pretty sure I'm takin my box call outta my vest

Good deal Ducko. I called in this Tom today with it and several this afternoon I passed on waiting on a better bird.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Good deal Ducko. I called in this Tom today with it and several this afternoon I passed on waiting on a better bird.

Nice I can't wait to get to Sonora next week

Comment

Hope it stays hot for you LA boys!

Comment

I am hunting out that way this coming weekend as well!

Comment

I have a Bois d Arc slate call from Ghost Maker calls I really like as well as one from JR Calls in glass over slate made of Bastogne Walnut. I like to carry a couple surface types at all times as seems some days respond better to a particular tone. For the record though, I really, really dislike aluminum as I think they are too high pitched. As far as conditioning, I keep a little piece of scotchbrite pad in my bag and just touch up with it

Comment

When hunting with my cousin in Alabama several years ago, I checked out his woodhaven slate call. What I really liked was the laminated striker. Checked it out with several different calls, worked better than the strikers they came with. Ended up with two or three woodhaven strikers. Laminated round tip.

Comment

Speaking of the Jackpot with Glass

I shot this old bird yesterday at 6:50 pm using my jackpot.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                    I shot this old bird yesterday at 6:50 pm using my jackpot.
                    congrats!

That is the same call I will carry in 2nd slot in my case this spring.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

yall got me looking in to all these custom calls. I love the way a pot call sounds

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Diaphragm and this box call are all you need. Pot calls are good, but not my first choice.
                        I second the Lynch's Fool Proof. Killed a lot of turkeys who couldn't resist it.

Comment

Happy to report that my Cody II with the triple seven striker did the job... and was alot of fun to boot. Used the Primos jackpot glass to call in a few when the wind got high.

I will say, I do like how nice the purrs sounded on the glass for close work. I pulled back a couple toms that were reluctant with those crisp higher pitch purrs...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Sinclair 3.25" titanium over slate in bull mesquite burl. She was responsible for the death of 4 gobblers Saturday north of San Angelo through the windy conditions.....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTERS View Post

Hard to beat John Sinclair's custom titanium, copper, brass, ceramic, slate, waterproof slate, glass and crystal calls. They make the rest of the production made calls you buy at the big box stores sound second rate.

https://www.johnsinclaircustomcalls...._Products.html
                              I spoke with John this morning, super helpful guy. Per his recommendation I order a Claro Walnut Pot with green slate over copper. Can't wait to give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by WTN View Post
                                https://www.midwestturkeycall.com

Lots of good calls here. I have a Halloran Twisted Sister and several Hanks.
                                Your killing me smalls

Comment

Working...
                                X