Comment

Must be nice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What were the Tamaulipas hunting season dates this year? thx

Comment

There’s hunting season dates [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

We were in nuevo leon which was extended, but too busy at work so checked guns out early

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We are moving from our Guerrero Coahuila place, down to a ranch in Tamaulipas. Our current lease will now be available, and I am posting to help our landowner find a group.

The ranch has a fairly nice 3/2 house, very good blinds and working feeders in place. Some really neat areas (big oak mots, mesquite and huisache arroyos, sage, and lots of buffalo grass). Not overgrazed.

4700 Acres, though I would call about ½ of the ranch Good deer hunting country, with the other half being low brush with off and on coal mining activity. The ranch has a very large low fenced neighbor to the S, and is HF on the N and W sides.

In 2017, we killed a deer in the mid 160’s, and passed on a 150 and two 140’s. Most of the younger bucks show some potential. We put a bunch of work into the place – clearing senderos, moving blinds & feeders, etc.…

1 hour from Piedras to gate. Price may be slightly negotiable, but in the 3K/gun range…
                Our outfitter in Piedras will likely handle the showing & leasing of the place. He will charge a fee for his services, if a deal is reached. Any deal you can work out will be between you, the outfitter, and the ranch.

Serious inquiries only. PM me and I can pass along the info. -Walker

...I will probably re-post on the 2018 MX thread once it gets created. Here are a few ranch pictures.
                Attached Files

Comment

Walker,
                  That is a neat area with those oak motts running threw it.
                  Is it on the river?

Comment

Nice place!

Comment

Originally posted by bukkskin View Post
                      Walker,

That is a neat area with those oak motts running threw it.

Is it on the river?

No I think the groundwater is just below the surface in this area. Some of the oaks are massive, so they must be drinking from a serious aquifer. Here is a bow stand that I will leave on the ranch up in an oak grove.

Comment

Ok, I leased a place about 10 yrs ago that had the big oak motts running thru it. It was pretty dang cool, right on the river. Low brush, then oak motts, then low brush, then the river.
                        There was some BIG oaks right on the river.
                        Thanks, and good luck down in Tam.
                        We were about 15 miles South of Piedras.
                        Last edited by bukkskin; 02-15-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Mexico Hunting Lease
                          8500 ac low fence
                          1 spot open
                          6 total hunters
                          1 trophy
                          1 Management buck
                          Coahuila/ East of Villa Union
                          Camp house with water/ electric
                          2 full years of protein fed/ starting on third year
                          $2750 per gun plus protein, corn & permits
                          830-570-1837

Comment

Ok 5 of us have acquired a ranch in the Piedras Negras area.... what should we look for as far as spots when we go select our stands? We are east Texas hunters with 1 being in Mexico for 10 years as well and I’ve been down there twice. We identified some flats on google earth, but what should rookies look for to pick the best spot to setup?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
                              Ok 5 of us have acquired a ranch in the Piedras Negras area.... what should we look for as far as spots when we go select our stands? We are east Texas hunters with 1 being in Mexico for 10 years as well and I’ve been down there twice. We identified some flats on google earth, but what should rookies look for to pick the best spot to setup?

Water

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                                Water

I would agree! Number one management tool in the Brush Country is water and feed.

Comment

Working...
                                X