New Mexico Elk App Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Mexico Elk App Question

Does putting in as a group increase or decrease your odds?

Decrease

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
      Decrease
      That was my impression as well, but I read something that said differently in an article.

Comment

Question. In NM can non hunter tag along?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockley View Post
          That was my impression as well, but I read something that said differently in an article.
          I’ve hunted nm the last few years with a friend who is a nm resident. The way he explained it to me is that if there are 2 tags remaining when your group of say 3 hunters is drawn your group will get passed because there isn’t enough tags for the group.

Comment

Have looked at this before, a few years back ... do they use Preference points, that increase the more times you apply and are not picked (ie. Texas system) ?

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
              Have looked at this before, a few years back ... do they use Preference points, that increase the more times you apply and are not picked (ie. Texas system) ?
              No point system.

Comment

Originally posted by Azzy View Post
                Question. In NM can non hunter tag along?
                Yes

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff995 View Post
                  I’ve hunted nm the last few years with a friend who is a nm resident. The way he explained it to me is that if there are 2 tags remaining when your group of say 3 hunters is drawn your group will get passed because there isn’t enough tags for the group.
                  That is exactly the way I understood it.

Comment

I saw a monte carlo analysis on a website that basically said it decreases your odds, but it was only by 1 percent or so. But you get a hunt with you and your friends anbd not solo.

Comment

Working...
                    X