Deer, Deer everywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
    Well the location was north tx and temps in upper 50s so you were correct cuz sure those weren't ALL shot this morn just before the haul.
    But maybe so and to each his own as said prior.

I agree, especially with to each their own. I just like to joke sometimes, and who knows they could of been in a walk in cooler before being loaded belly up with chest cavity filled with ice. I gonna start doing this from now on.

Comment

At least all their heads weren't tied up high for people to see. PETA woulda loved it...

Comment

Years ago I saw a truck hauling a jeep behind it. They had a gutted buck strapped in the drivers seat, front legs duck taped to the steering wheel, and a cigarette in its mouth. I laughed the rest of the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by lynn21 View Post
          years ago i saw a truck hauling a jeep behind it. They had a gutted buck strapped in the drivers seat, front legs duck taped to the steering wheel, and a cigarette in its mouth. I laughed the rest of the way home.
          lol

Comment

Looks like a hunter is filling his freezer at the end of the season. Thumbs up from me.

Comment

He is ageing it with the skin on.

Comment

In the late 60's and early 70's we always tied the bucks head up high for people to see on our way home from Juno, Tx. My goodness how times have changed.

Comment

Maybe he was donating them [emoji3]

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Love the legs hanging out everywhere. Much better than a bunch of horns propped up.

Comment

Not something you see everyday

Comment

Congrats to the hunters. Beats the zero times I went hunting this year.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          Maybe he was donating them [emoji3]

Sierracharlie out…
                          Donating is certainly a possibility. That truck reminds me of a time back in Jr High in MS. Myself and a few others were looked upon to help the club fill the 100 doe tags that year and we let a lot of lead fly. I remember my dad’s old white F150 work truck looking just like that one as we went around my hometown donating the deer to some of his workers and some of the less fortunate. It was just before Christmas and man the joy it brought those people to get a whole deer was priceless! I think we had about 8 does in the pickup bed

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
                            Donating is certainly a possibility. That truck reminds me of a time back in Jr High in MS. Myself and a few others were looked upon to help the club fill the 100 doe tags that year and we let a lot of lead fly. I remember my dad’s old white F150 work truck looking just like that one as we went around my hometown donating the deer to some of his workers and some of the less fortunate. It was just before Christmas and man the joy it brought those people to get a whole deer was priceless! I think we had about 8 does in the pickup bed

I was half serious half joking.

I used to be able to hunt in West Texas and one year there was about 7 of us hunting and we shot about 37 deer in 4 or 5 hunts (2 days). Took what we wanted for us and donated the rest to hunters for the hungry. They were put on a trailer and covered with a tarp for transport to mean processor.

We still didn’t even really dent the numbers given by the biologist.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                              It’s an old thread reference about the guy who cleaned his deer in a WalMart parking lot.

Bhahahahaha no way!! ppl are crazy.. i would have died laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Dillakilla View Post
                                Well the location was north tx and temps in upper 50s so you were correct cuz sure those weren't ALL shot this morn just before the haul.
                                But maybe so and to each his own as said prior.
                                maybe they were hanging in a meat cooler all weekend before the trip back...idk kinda odd

Comment

Working...
                                X