Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Never occurred to you that those preparing when it was just supposed to be a Cat 1 were prepping for a more worse case scenario, which appears to be coming to fruition.

Bottom line is they have water, gas and food, what do you have, your pride?
    Also, I never said I want prepared, we were talking about people freaking out, not being prepared. LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
      Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.
      Man I remember standing on the Pin Oak bridge during Ike I believe and looking out over I-10 west at hundreds of cars....going absolutely knowhere.
      I am in Rosenberg and am going to stick this one out.

Comment

I am as prepared as we can be in Sheridan. Good thing for me is if SHTF, we have a full concession stand with plenty of provisions and drinks. Now my wife, she is not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
          Man I remember standing on the Pin Oak bridge during Ike I believe and looking out over I-10 west at hundreds of cars....going absolutely knowhere.
          I am in Rosenberg and am going to stick this one out.
          Well, thanks to this thread she was able to go the grocery store and stock up from day 1 so she got to avoid the panic and empty shelves!

If she leaves it's guna have to be tonight or EARLY tomorrow morning, no way I want her stranded on I-10 last minute.

Comment

Why would those of you who want to evacuate not do so before the mass evacuation starts and get ahead of the last minute folks? Not being ugly or disrespectful, asking in all seriousness...

Comment

My company in Deer park is closing tomorrow at 12 and closing Monday as of now. Just told us.

Comment

Well, thanks to this thread she was able to go the grocery store and stock up from day 1 so she got to avoid the panic and empty shelves!

If she leaves it's guna have to be tonight or EARLY tomorrow morning, no way I want her stranded on I-10 last minute.
                Go now!!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                  You can get around the filter by typing "snappertapper" in place of DB.

Lmfao[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    Well that's a relief...wasn't planning on doing any!!
                    Youtube "its not that the wind is blowing ron white"

Comment

Anyone in Katy thinking of evacuating? Debating on what my wife should do right now.
                      Hell no. With that said I will be keeping my eye on it and in 5 min can have a bag packed and all the paper work I need loaded and in the car. Personally I don't see how the NWS missed this soooooo **** bad. What told the "experts" this was going to stay a TD? There was nothing I saw unless it ran across the gulf in record time. Wherever it hits is going to be devastated, but from what I'm seeing Harvey is really tightening up and there are going to be areas receiving enourmous amounts of rain but not nearly as wide spread as predicted. I could very well be wrong, hell, won't even be the first time I'm wrong today. Right now I'm just hoping my parents bay house survives in Seadrift and my camp house in Colorado County looks similar to the way it does now on Sunday. But hey, you live to play another day, you live to play another day.

Comment

How concerned do folks in the San Antonio area need to be?

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          Thanks. I dont know how much juice a freezer and fridge need to run. We have one of each. The freezer is more important, but if i can run both i will.

Watts / volts = amps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by czechgrubworm View Post
                            Why would those of you who want to evacuate not do so before the mass evacuation starts and get ahead of the last minute folks? Not being ugly or disrespectful, asking in all seriousness...
                            Because TXDOT, DPS and local LEO are gonna route you to the Hurricane Evacuation route with 40 billion other people like they did in Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post
                              How concerned do folks in the San Antonio area need to be?
                              it's too late for them... they are already in San Antonio.... cant get much worse..

Comment

Here is the latest projected path.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X