No announcement yet.

71% of Americans claim to be Christian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never run for office...way too much sin in my life (the REAL Christians would try to crucify me) but I am a Christian and strive to better myself on a daily basis.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I could never run for office...way too much sin in my life (the REAL Christians would try to crucify me) but I am a Christian and strive to better myself on a daily basis.
      Me too. I'm so glad that I will be judged by God rather than by my Christian brethren, because I guarantee you that I'll disappoint you time and time again. I know this is hard for some folks to believe, but Christians are not free from sin and some athiests are pretty good people. All that is between them and God and I'm lucky to keep my own life between the ditches.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
        Me too. I'm so glad that I will be judged by God rather than by my Christian brethren, because I guarantee you that I'll disappoint you time and time again. I know this is hard for some folks to believe, but Christians are not free from sin and some athiests are pretty good people. All that is between them and God and I'm lucky to keep my own life between the ditches.
        Very well said Senor!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
          Right there with ya!

Comment

a person can be a Christian and still make bad decisions....

Comment

Originally posted by Fordtough68 View Post
              I would say that was rigged too. The Clinton cartel thought he would be the easiest to wipe out. Guess you chock that up as another failure of the Clinton regime.
              He is the only one that she could beat. Even tardo Jeb would have beat her.

Comment

Most people who celebrate Christmas & Easter with some sort family tradition / festivity are gonna call & align themselves as Christians even if they never went to church & think those two holidays are about santa & hiding eggs. There is your 71% & both Hilary & the Don likely both fall in the same basket. I doubt either of them have ever been on their knees. (man, lotta jokes to be had with that I reckon)

So, these 71% don't care about a candidate's faith.

Comment

Have you ever thought that these poor leaders are what God wills for us to have? Many times in the bible God has used poor leadership to chastize a nation that has gone astray. I really believe that this country is on the precipice of harsh judgment for some of the things we've done.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                    Have you ever thought that these poor leaders are what God wills for us to have? Many times in the bible God has used poor leadership to chastize a nation that has gone astray. I really believe that this country is on the precipice of harsh judgment for some of the things we've done.
                    This man is exercising discerment!

Comment

I personally have never liked that premise...my child suffers from seizures & have had a few folks say it must be God's will at church even?? I always reply no it's not, it is a work of the enemy alone. Having God's free will just means life on earth is not going be like heaven where He has a bunch of robots believing in him. His Free will has nothing directly done with His hand to do with the evil we experience via the work of the enemy.

I lean towards the other way & how do I cope with the challenges in life the enemy dealt...didn't mean to derail & only giving my $0.02 on the topic. I believe our forefathers used a great deal of discernment through them creating the Constitution & amendments given to us...my feelings are God wants a person who follows & leads our nation under those documents & the people of this nation are stupid & vote for people who want to change, ignore & move us away for what he wanted for this country.

Having God fearing / following people in those roles would just be a bonus...I would rather have an agnostic/non-believer following the constitution vs. a true Christian that thinks he knows better than our forefathers moving away from it. FWIW.
                      Last edited by Artos; 10-11-2016, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                        I personally have never liked that premise...my child suffers from seizures & have had a few folks say it must be God's will at church even?? I always reply no it's not, it is a work of the enemy alone. Having God's free will just means life on earth is not going be like heaven where He has a bunch of robots believing in him. His Free will has nothing directly done with His hand to do with the evil we experience via the work of the enemy.

I lean towards the other way & how do I cope with the challenges in life the enemy dealt...didn't mean to derail & only giving my $0.02 on the topic. I believe our forefathers used a great deal of discernment through them creating the Constitution & amendments given to us...my feelings are God wants a person who follows & leads our nation under those documents & the people of this nation are stupid & vote for people who want to change, ignore & move us away for what he wanted for this country.

Having God fearing / following people in those roles would just be a bonus...I would rather have an agnostic/non-believer following the constitution vs. a true Christian that thinks he knows better than our forefathers moving away from it. FWIW.
                        Maybe so...however studying the Bible shows me it is SOP in how the Father has called His children to repentance. It has been done before....

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                          Maybe so...however studying the Bible shows me it is SOP in how the Father has called His children to repentance. It has been done before....

Yes, but it is the free will He wants that allows the enemy to dish out evil...He does not execute out this said Evil to His children with His own hand is what I'm saying. Put it like this: A leaf cannot blow in the wind without His permission, but doesn't mean His will was for a Hurricane to kill hundreds of people. I hope that resonates??

We may be splitting hairs & saying the same thing to reach the same conclusion...just important for me for some reason to make sure it's articulated from my perspective on the matter under the new covenant.

One thing I heard & stuck was someone said one time they thought the rest of their lives were going to be smooth sailing after getting saved...just the opposite imo, I feel life challenges get ramped up after salvation as the enemy has just lost another marble from his bag.
                          Last edited by Artos; 10-11-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                            Good post ! This is prophecy coming true I'm afraid. We will soon be a banana republic with no bananas !

Comment

Romans 8:28
                              Tells us all we need to know about how God deals with his children. He says "all things work together for good" not just some things.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                                Yes, but it is the free will He wants that allows the enemy to dish out evil...He does not execute out this said Evil to His children with His own hand is what I'm saying. Put it like this: A leaf cannot blow in the wind without His permission, but doesn't mean His will was for a Hurricane to kill hundreds of people. I hope that resonates??

We may be splitting hairs & saying the same thing to reach the same conclusion...just important for me for some reason to make sure it's articulated from my perspective on the matter under the new covenant.

One thing I heard & stuck was someone said one time they thought the rest of their lives were going to be smooth sailing after getting saved...just the opposite imo, I feel life challenges get ramped up after salvation as the enemy has just lost another marble from his bag.

I think we both be saying the same stuff

Comment

Working...
                                X