Cheapest ar build?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheapest ar build?

What's the cheapest you can build an ar 15 for? And how would I go about finding the proper parts to build one for cheap?

Google Palmetto state armory and look for their sales. Probably the cheapest place to buy parts and ammo for ARs.

Comment

Or catch the sells you can get a complete lower and a complete upper for 400-500 range for a basic setup, piecing it together look at palmetto but also primary arms in Houston is faster shipping and they run sales every week could probably get all the basics for 400

Comment

I build a few 15 years ago and one was $430 and the other was around $450, so I think Lsube0555 is right on at around $400.

Comment

Both places above are constantly running sales. If you sign up for updates, you will get plenty of cheap ways to get an AR built. The cheapest route is most likely a plastic lower, but I would save my pennies and go forged if at all possible.

Comment

Look up www.grabagun.com . Their store in in the dallas area. you can get complete uppers and complete lowers on there. I saw a few decent looking AR's on there for around $500.
            worth a look and possibly a drive to check them out

Comment

Just curious, but what are you expecting to get with a cheap AR? You can get a fully assembled cheap AR for about $399, why wouldn’t you go that route?

Comment

You can get a complete upper, charging handle and bolt, lower, and lpk with stock for $287 here
                Last edited by whoppe; 09-07-2018, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Just curious, but what are you expecting to get with a cheap AR? You can get a fully assembled cheap AR for about $399, why wouldn’t you go that route?
                  Where is this? I’d add another couple for that price.

Comment

Now can find complete rifles for about $400 and up. Check out Primary Arms they have bunch of AR's starting at $399
                    Last edited by 2BigMethod; 09-07-2018, 01:51 PM.

Comment

I bought a Ruger AR from sportsmansguide for under $500. They have some cheap ones.

Comment

Whatever you do don’t build or buy right before an election. I did before the presidential election and paid $200 more than I should have. Should have followed my gut and just got the lower and waited on the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                          A plinking gun. And want to do a build for the fun of it.

Comment

If my math is right you can "Build" your own Ar-15 from Palmetto for about $330.
                            $130 for the lower, $220 for the upper. The uppers come assembled and include BCG and CH.

Comment

If you can wait, Palmetto State and Primary Arms runs ridiculous deals for black Friday. My first AR I bought a complete upper and lower shipped for just a hair under $400.

Shot great for what I needed it to do, then got sucked down the AR buy/sell/trade route and wouldn't you know it, I now have a complete Mega AR, LWRC, and a POF

Comment

Working...
                              X