Nephew put a dent in my pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nephew put a dent in my pickup

Woke up Sunday morning to a dent in my tacoma. Brother in law dropped his boy off with his bicycle early that morning. He was trying to ride up into the carport and lost his balance, handle bar went in to the rear panel. Wife said it's a truck it's going to get dents. I offered to put one in her car and she changed her tune. Went to the body shop today and they quoted $580 to fix it. My brother in law is going through tough times so I know he can't afford to have it fixed. I'm still ****** off about it but there is not much I can do about it. I'm sure there will be more to come. Don't want them repainting and sanding on my truck over a dent. Dent doctor said it would cause the paint to crack if he tried pushing it out. Rant over!

pantless dent repair

Comment

Cars and trucks don’t mean much to me. My nephew does that I’d give him grief and that’s it. Accidents happen. I wouldn’t lose one second of sleep over it

Comment

Aww man, c'mon. Little boy on a bicycle put a dent in your pickup....you'll survive. At least he was riding a bike outside like a boy.

Comment

#Firstworldproblems...

He’s a kid learning to ride a bike.

I put a hole in the side of my dads truck one time when I was young backing up a 10ft trailer with a 1ton long bed. He laughed and said, “accidents happen”.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
            Aww man, c'mon. Little boy on a bicycle put a dent in your pickup....you'll survive. At least he was riding a bike outside like a boy.
            This^^^^^^^

Comment

Maybe you should sue him.

Comment

Yeah I know. It's the first dent and it made me sick.

Comment

I agree with your wife.

Comment

Originally posted by COPPERHEAD View Post
                    Yeah I know. It's the first dent and it made me sick.
                    Hahahaha....I know. My daughter ran the handbrake on the handlebars of her bicycle down the side of my last pickup on the second day I owned it. All the way to the metal on the passenger door. She cried and all I could say was "Trucks are supposed to have scratches".

Comment

Yeah...you aren't allowed to complain about dinks in a truck!!

Now if it was your sports car?? Then you are allowed to yell at him till he cries & take the bike away for a month!!

Comment

Do you have a plunger? Pull the dent out.

Comment

Hahahaha....I know. My daughter ran the handbrake on the handlebars of her bicycle down the side of my last pickup on the second day I owned it. All the way to the metal on the passenger door. She cried and all I could say was "Trucks are supposed to have scratches".
                          Do you ever post anything that I disagree with?

Comment

Thats why I buy used so they have some scratches and dents

Comment

Have him work it off at $100/hour.

Comment

Working...
                              X