Stand-by

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stand-by

OK...Who's planning on trying stand-by and where?

I might do the standby hunt for huntsville state park..45min from my house. Has anybody tried it before? I switched jobs recently and missed out on the vacation time. So i didnt apply for public hunts this year thinking i might not be able to go if i get drawn.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck View Post
      So i didnt apply for public hunts this year thinking i might not be able to go if i get drawn.
      Dude, you didn't have to do that. You could've applied at a place that has a high apply rate or a low permit availability. Chances would be very high that you DON'T get drawn, thus, earning you a preference point, making your chances double for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mossman500 View Post
        OK...Who's planning on trying stand-by and where?
        Pick a place. I'll try to join ya!!

Comment

Well you know we should try the old RC.....You never know....I want to try Gus E....for the gun hunt or even Ft Boggy.

Comment

I might go to RC again depending how good or bad my hunting spots are, and how much time I have, I never apply there since they have been know to cancel the hunt due to flooding.

Comment

Did you do the stand by last year...if so how many others were there and how many got to hunt?

Comment

Working...
              X