Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subscribed It's coming along well. You gonna put a chimney in that thing

Comment

odd i didnt see any plumbing... what are you gonna do about that?

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        Subscribed It's coming along well. You gonna put a chimney in that thing
        I am going to put a wood burning stove, so yes it will have a smoke stack. I am planning on pig hunting at night with lights out of it. When I get tired I can walk 10 feet and get into bed.
        I'm kind of doing this one as practice for a cabin. I'm trying out some ideas and I do plan on building a cabin with plumbing and electricity and all of the comforts of home maybe next year.

Comment

You SIR build the best deer stands on the planet!

Keep up the good work and post lots of pics.

Comment

Finished framing the roof and put tar paper on it but I ran out and didn't get to finish the roof. My metal is supposed to be ready on Thursday so I hope to get it on next weekend. I cut in the frame for my horizontal bow window in the front. I have 4 more smaller DEERVIEW windows to cut in and then I'll put a vapor barrier on the outside walls and start laying stone. I sure hope it cools off some. It was 95 today and I darank 8 bottles of water.
            Attached Files

Comment

You should have never posted any pics...you'll end up paying property taxes on it. LOL. However, it does look great as well as your last one!

Comment

Holy cow this is gunna be a deerstand!?!? I thought it was turning into a house!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  Holy cow this is gunna be a deerstand!?!? I thought it was turning into a house!!!

One end will be a blind so I can pig hunt out of it at night. The other end will have a bunk bed and a wood burning stove so when I get tired of pig hunting at night I can walk 10 feet and flop into bed. I won't have to worry about driving home late at night. I may even get the ol' lady to make some hunts with me.
                  I'm trying out some new looks and I'm trying to make it look rustic with using some timbers and stone. If it works out, I'll try to build me a little cabin down there. Then I WILL be paying property taxes.

Comment

I put the metal on the roof today but didn't get pics. I'm going to start laying stone in the morning and I'll get pictures before I come home.

Comment

Following along. Looks awesome so far.

Comment

That timber and rock combination will be extra cool. I'll be watching too. Very nice!!

Comment

Very cool.

Link to the "Alamo" build if anyone is interested like I was:

Comment

I got the roof on and was one piece short in finishing. My trim for the roof didn't come in so I did n't get to finish the roof. I went ahead and put some stone up to get a feel for what it will look like. Man I forgot how much physical effort it takes to load / unload/ move/ lay the stone. I feel like someone kicked my butt all over the place this morning.

I unloaded my metal on Thursday and already had a rattlesnake under it by the time I got there on Friday. I also had a big coachwhip hanging around on Saturday. Man I hate snakes. I hope they find a new place to hang out. Of course the rattlesnake is dead now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

It's looking GREAT!

Comment

Good looking blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X