Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kbeaz View Post
    Following along. Looks like you are getting a lot done in a short period of time.
    I'm trucking along as fast as possible! I'm a very passionate (read: obsessive) person by nature, so when I get into a new project (e.g. ranch), my blinders go on and I turn into a madman.

The t-posts will be used in my main winter project, which will be erecting a 1500' run of fence to make my ranch fully enclosed. With these t-posts, and a deal lined up for the steel posts (every 5th post, with concrete footings), my BOM is now needing six rolls of barbed wire, two corner braces, and ~4 H-braces. Once deer season is over, I will knock it out! I estimate (and perhaps this post will be the source of much laughter later on) that with a few helpers, I should be able to finish the fence in about 3 weekends of work.

Comment

My buddy is a pilot and flew his plane over the ranch on Monday, only a few hours after I left, and took a series of aerial pics of my place. Much different than google maps - not really. Super cool nonetheless - definitely! It would have been quite a hoot if I would have still been there and he would have photographed my truck and me peeing on a tree or something, LOL.

Pardon the wavy freehand outlining of the property...
      Attached Files

Comment

cool

Comment

I like it. Perfect mixture of woods and opening. I'm looking hard for something similar. No luck yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I like it. Perfect mixture of woods and opening. I'm looking hard for something similar. No luck yet.
            You'll find it, brother! It took me about eight months and *hundreds* of property reviews on L&F and LoT to finally hit gold.

Comment

a little at a time....seems I like busting butt at my place..but just can't find the same feeling reward at home...hummm....

Ditto, but sometimes that sweat equity DIY can sure work on the ole bones and muscles. It's fun but I sure pay for it come Monday. My 50 acres in Leakey is a long term project, hope I outlive the project, lol. Good luck, have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by txlawdog View Post
                a little at a time....seems I like busting butt at my place..but just can't find the same feeling reward at home...hummm....

Ditto, but sometimes that sweat equity DIY can sure work on the ole bones and muscles. It's fun but I sure pay for it come Monday. My 50 acres in Leakey is a long term project, hope I outlive the project, lol. Good luck, have fun.
                makes me appreciate the office job on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
                  makes me appreciate the office job on Monday.
                  THIS ^^^

I'm definitely thankful for being a computer nerd, so that my work week is at a desk, and I can save all of my energy for the ranch!

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Awesome

This is going to be good!

-Registered to the forum just so i can subscribe to this thread. haha

Comment

Originally posted by gonagain View Post

^^^^awesome and welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by gonagain View Post

Wow, I'm flattered! Welcome to the fire, and I hope to keep you entertained as I work on building this place up!

Comment

Inspiring post. Going to have to keep the fire stoked under my rear now.

Comment

Well, after only a few weeks, I've already got over a dozen hogs under the feeder! My cam took over 200 pics of them feasting for several hours the past two nights, and there are some interesting genetics in this group.

The first shots are the sow with a really unique white stripe on her jaw and belly (there are a few with this marking), and then the largest boar, and a few of some of the masses.

I can almost taste the pulled pork now!
                              Attached Files

Comment

I think you have a pig problem....

Comment

Working...
                                X