Hot Shot hauling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
    I have a friend that started doing hot shot. He has a truck and a flatbed trailer. No CDL. He's making $3-$4k per week. He says his only regret is not doing it a long time ago.
    Driving in a semi that’s easy to make that a week. You can make 2k a week doing hotshot with a half ton if you can get hired on somewhere. That’s the hardest part getting on with someone. I do it part time helping out and I’ve made decent on the loads I’ve had. If it picked up it would be really good.

Comment

if anyone knows a good CPA that knows the trucking industry feel free to share their info.

Comment

You will gain weight

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          You will gain weight
          Funny everyone keeps saying I'm gonna starve to death.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
            Im looking for loads send me your info.
            Shoot me your email and info in a PM and I'll get you set up with us and see what we can do!

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
              Funny everyone keeps saying I'm gonna starve to death.
              You will be sitting all day driving. Doing no walking or movement except when you unload which is mostly not done by hand.
              And eating

you seem to have gone back and forth on what way you wanna go with this. My advice is don't rush it and take your time.

Its like the oilfield when it was hot, people jumped in quick to make money and then BOOM!

Comment

Im not one but I ran many parts in college on the side. I worked as a deck hand and saw what they paid to get parts delivered. I'd pick up directly from airports in houston. Be there when they unload it and haull butt to different ports. Alot were in Louisiana. They pay big butts to have you wait for a part and get it there quickly rather that pay an extra days fee in Port. It's expensive when things break.

Comment

I run for someone part time in the Houston. I wish I could pick up more loads on my off days.

Comment

Working...
                  X