Alazan youth gun hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alazan youth gun hunts

I know last year we had some members that got to do this draw hunt. My nephew got lucky this year and we will be going out there October 27-28. I was curious from some others that have done this hunt it said something about meeting at the main office at 10:30 for a check in so I guess that will just leave saturday afternoon and sunday to hunt. I am guessing the day drawings to see who gets to hunt where. I wouldn't mind the sfa forest but just worried about it being too thick with under brush. A lot of what I have seen is really thick. The permit says he can take two deer limit one over 13" of course and unlimited hogs.

Robert, congrats to your nephew ! The orientation only lasts 30-40 minutes and the hunt begins immediately after. If given the option, I would choose to hunt the Ex. Forest. As you know, after 4 weeks of hunting pressure on Alazan, the deer start to get very wary/spooky. Last year, both of the really nice bucks were taken over on that side. A lot of the areas over there are thick, but the bottomland is not too bad and there are a couple of pipelines that cross the property that are ideal to hunt. If y'all do get put in a compartment in Alazan, I know that you know of some good spots. Win/win either way ! Good luck to y'all, and I hope to see you soon out there

Comment

Originally posted by luna-tuna View Post
      Robert, congrats to your nephew ! The orientation only lasts 30-40 minutes and the hunt begins immediately after. If given the option, I would choose to hunt the Ex. Forest. As you know, after 4 weeks of hunting pressure on Alazan, the deer start to get very wary/spooky. Last year, both of the really nice bucks were taken over on that side. A lot of the areas over there are thick, but the bottomland is not too bad and there are a couple of pipelines that cross the property that are ideal to hunt. If y'all do get put in a compartment in Alazan, I know that you know of some good spots. Win/win either way ! Good luck to y'all, and I hope to see you soon out there

Yes sir I’m hoping to get into the forest. We will see though. We plan on hunting as much as possible those two days. I’ve got some cameras out in Alazan but nothing too great yet. I went out last weekend and got tore up by deer flies. They were the worst I’ve ever seen. Hopefully some cooler weather coming our way for bow season

Comment

Working...
      X