73 Super Grizzly with Fascor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

73 Super Grizzly with Fascor?

Looking at a heavier bow and came across a 73 Super Grizzly with "Fascor". Usual 58" bow in black and red with a 60# draw weight. No idea what Fascor is and thought I'd ask here. Any reason to avoid it?

Richard.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Junkers88 View Post
      Looking at a heavier bow and came across a 73 Super Grizzly with "Fascor". Usual 58" bow in black and red with a 60# draw weight. No idea what Fascor is and thought I'd ask here. Any reason to avoid it?

Richard.
      Yep, it's 60#

The one thing that helped me in the beginning, was when I finally started shooting just one bow

Comment

Thanks Gary!

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
        Yep, it's 60#

The one thing that helped me in the beginning, was when I finally started shooting just one bow
        Yeah I still only shoot the one bow but am always looking for a good deal on a heavier one.

Richard.

Comment

Welcome.

Gary

Comment

I just sold a 71# widow

Comment

Not a Bear Guru or anything, but I believe they are as solid as any bow made. Fascor was just a creative term for impregnated wood I believe. I have shot a few Heavier bows and came back to the 50# mark. Easier to shoot all day at target and feel better with it in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by cwittttt View Post
                I just sold a 71# widow
                If I were but a better man I would have taken that.[emoji17]

Gary

Comment

I have some 60 and over 60 bows. It is hard to shoot well under strain. I have found that 52 is my magic number. If you were closer I would loan you a heavier bow. They will find your weak spots. I never had a problem with trigger finger until I moved up to 55. Now I can't open my hand in the morning until I run hot water over it.

Comment

I figure around 50 will be my max. Even if I could handle more I'm not going to put that strain on my shoulders. You sleep through the reconstruction surgery. The months of rehab is painful.

Gary

Comment

I have a 53@28 and 52@28 Bob Lee, a Bear Super Kodiak 50@28, and a Tomhawk 57@28.
                      I can shoot the Lee's and the Bear all day long day after day without any strain. I can hold all 3 at full draw for 10 seconds and still make a great shot.

The 57# long bow wears me out after 60 shots or so.

Its amazing how much difference just a fee pounds can make.

I too think 52/53 is my sweet spot.

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                        I have some 60 and over 60 bows. It is hard to shoot well under strain. I have found that 52 is my magic number. If you were closer I would loan you a heavier bow. They will find your weak spots. I never had a problem with trigger finger until I moved up to 55. Now I can't open my hand in the morning until I run hot water over it.
                        Sounds like my entire body some mornings.

Comment

Getting older is painful as well. But we have more memories and can say we've seen more and done more. I'm a little afraid of 60 or 70 years old.

Gary

Comment

Buy it and I will trade you for a 50lb Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
                            X