Deck for a Jon Boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck for a Jon Boat

I have a 14' flat bottom jon boat that I would like to put some sort of decking on.

At first I was pretty set on using aluminum tubing and welding some inserts in, that way the deck will be removable.

I have also considered the idea of making the lip on the boat bigger and just using treated plywood to set on top.

I want it to be sturdy, not looking to spend a fortune either but I want it nice quality.

BowHunterTex said he could possibly help me out with welding, I dont have any skills/experience (Thanks Will )

Post up your boats, ideas, what you like and don't like etc.
    Last edited by Patton; 09-25-2012, 10:01 AM.

I just finished turning a 17ft lowe aluminum into a salt water skiff. Shoot me your e-mail and I'll run my project down to you.

Comment

we just used plywood, with 2x4 bracing on tha bottom and some 2x4 legs. its kinda heavy and doesnt last as long as a aluminium or steel deck, but its cheap and easy, perfect for bowfishing off of

Comment

Originally posted by Paslaw0311 View Post
        I just finished turning a 17ft lowe aluminum into a salt water skiff. Shoot me your e-mail and I'll run my project down to you.
        PM Sent

I have considered that but being the frugal spender I am, me and my buddy decided this boat we will have for life

Got it for too good of a price to not put some good work into it

Comment

for material aluccabond.. 2 thin thin sheets of alum and in between is a composite = lightweight and strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Skullworks52 View Post
            for material aluccabond.. 2 thin thin sheets of alum and in between is a composite = lightweight and strong.
            Can you explain more please, thanks!

Comment

UP

Comment

tinboats.net lots of good ideas

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  Can you explain more please, thanks!
                  ALUCOBOND, manufactured by 3A Composites, brings a superior metal panel image to any project. ALUCOBOND, known for its lightweight qualities, also has other desirable attributes such as a rainbow of consistent color and finish options, the ability to form textures or curves or the option to create modules. When you need to present an exceptionally flat, high-tech metal panel image, ALUCOBOND allows you the ease of mind that you have chosen the proven leader.

Comment

I made my bowfishing deck with 3/4 in. plywood with 2x4 bracing, solid as a rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Grim Reaper View Post
                      I made my bowfishing deck with 3/4 in. plywood with 2x4 bracing, solid as a rock.
                      Is it removable? Got pictures?

Comment

Working...
                      X