• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pho addict reporting as required sir.

Comment

Guilty- eat it at least once a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Trans restaurant in Palacios has a similar soup I guess. Broth, shrimp, noodles and bbq'd pork. I love it.

Comment

Love it!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
            The chicken soup is great, I'm not sure if all Pho restaurants have the same stuff but the one here has a chicken vermicelli salad with some kind of thin almost clear sauce they pour on It and it's awesome.

I love the Spring rolls too.

Rockwall? You go to the one by 24hr fitness? That place is so good!

Comment

Pho Saigon on Milam is my favorite in H-town

Comment

Originally posted by Knox View Post
                Rockwall? You go to the one by 24hr fitness? That place is so good!
                Yes sir, Pho Garden. There is another one down by where the old Blockbuster used to be, I've heard it's good too but I always go to Pho Garden.

I'll have me a chicken vermicelli salad tomorrow after all this

Comment

i love me some pho

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                    Yes sir, Pho Garden. There is another one down by where the old Blockbuster used to be, I've heard it's good too but I always go to Pho Garden.

I'll have me a chicken vermicelli salad tomorrow after all this

Ya I’ve never been to that one either.

I always get the P4. Usually go once every week or two.

Comment

I started eating pho in 1987. By the early 90’s I was eating Viet food up to 5 days a week. I have eaten pho in about a dozen states and I think the best was in a restaurant in Doraville, GA in the northeast Atlanta area. The line waiting for a table there on Sundays was out the door but I have had it at plenty of other good places.

I also like bun bo hue, banh mi bo kho, com thit nuong, bun thit nuong and a few other regulars.

Comment

I’ve had it a few times it’s ok looks better than it taste I thought.. I need to give it another shot.

Comment

never had it but am definitely thinking about trying it now.

Comment

Rocky’s in Seadrift has some of the best brisket pho ever. They are caddy corner from Coastline Trailer if you are ever in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I need to give it a try. It looks as if Pho is the new donut palace with all of the thumbs up in this thread from the men in blue. I suspect that’s a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                                never had it but am definitely thinking about trying it now.
                                A good pho has a lot of flavor in the broth usually from beef and simmered for hours, maybe even 14 or more. It can be made a lot quicker but it is like a good brisket. Slow and long brings out the flavor and like many good barbecue places, that distinguishes the great from the so-so.

Try a place that comes recommended by people.... especially if there are plenty of Viets there.

Comment

Working...
                                X