Barndo Builder needed in Williamson County

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
    Did you just use woman and budget in the same sentence?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yea no kidding. A boy can dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you squared away with a builder or still looking for someone?

Comment

Originally posted by matthews1227 View Post
        Are you squared away with a builder or still looking for someone?

Waiting on the wife. I think we are good to go. Ryan appears to be known for his work in this area and has the experience and capacity to get it done. But anything can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
          Waiting on the wife. I think we are good to go. Ryan appears to be known for his work in this area and has the experience and capacity to get it done. But anything can happen.

Let me know if it doesn't work out. I know a few guys.

Oh and congratulations I'm jealous. Couple more years for us.

Comment

Spend LOTS of time on your plans. We spent close to nine months working plans for our house and still missed a few things. Layout each space to scale with the appliances and furniture you expect it to contain. Include the door swing for the refrigerators and freezers.

Comment

sorry to repeat but find out how long it will take to build it - if you are thinking 3-4 months and it turns out to be 8-10 months you will not come away happy -

Comment

If u need a cabinet guy pm me. He's out of jerrell. He delivery our cabinets this evening. Good guy and good work. Long time friend.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TKK View Post
                  sorry to repeat but find out how long it will take to build it - if you are thinking 3-4 months and it turns out to be 8-10 months you will not come away happy -

We have not gotten very far. But i blame the woman! We are starting with just the shop for now. So she can "see it". Going to move our crap in there while remodeling the home for sale. So far we have a foundation....

Comment

if u didnt find a guy pm me i have a metal bld guy that will do it very affordably here in the area

Comment

PM Dozer on here, Bucks Construction Services out of Spicewood

Comment

Originally posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
                        Lol I went through the exact same thing with mine DM. For some reason they just have to SEE it she had such a hard time visualizing the barndo without having it in 3d on paper. We went through **** near a whole book of graph paper! Ryan can help yall out with that and Im sure he has plenty of house plans he can show you. Tell him his kinfolk out in Oatmeal said Hi!!

We still have a bunch of contacts of subs that we used when we built ours so just holler if you need some numbers. Also know a good architect that we have used several times in the Leander area.

Phase one is done! Shop is up. Now I need that architect contact is you still have. My building is up. Now wife turn to do hers[emoji41]

Still need to work on the bathroom.

Comment

Congrats on the first stage of your barndo.

As bloodtrailer has mentioned the wive's have a hard time visualizing something that isn't there. I have/had the same problem with the Mrs. I am building mine myself and when the problem arises I try to make it easier by drawing on a picture of my progress.

Here's an example.
                          Built a safe room and wanted a alcove/built in above where the wood burning stove was going to showcase a life size mount in the living area. She could not imagine or visualize it so as I built I would send her a picture marked up. Doing it yourself has it's advantages as you can make changes on the fly.

Comment

Phase one is done! Shop is up. Now I need that architect contact is you still have. My building is up. Now wife turn to do hers[emoji41]

Still need to work on the bathroom.

Congrats DM looking good sir!! I will get the number for you tonight and send you a pm.

Comment

Working...
                            X