No announcement yet.

Old Sabine Bottom WMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have only hunted out there once. I grew up in Winona, did the military thing and came back to find it public. The one time I went I saw a nice doe but no shot. I am still trying to figure it out myself. I have heard that there is a 4 wheeler, and non 4 wheeler side but havent figured that out yet. There are plenty of pigs too. I am going out there for a day in a couple weeks and will let you know what I can figure out, plan on talking to the manager too. Anybody else care to share any information? Anybody now about the 4 wheeler, non 4 wheeler sides?

Comment

ATV east of main road, no ATV west of main road (road through WMA, not FM 1804)

Lots of hogs and some deer

ATV you must have OHV sticker and wear PPE, also no ATV this time of year only during fall/spring

It is all in the APH book and you can probably find it on TPWD website if you search

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
        ATV east of main road, no ATV west of main road (road through WMA, not FM 1804)

Lots of hogs and some deer

ATV you must have OHV sticker and wear PPE, also no ATV this time of year only during fall/spring

It is all in the APH book and you can probably find it on TPWD website if you search
        Thank you sir. I appreciate the information.

Comment

You are welcome, might see you there one day this fall

Comment

Great place to be

Comment

Im ready i have been hunting this place for years it is a challenge, but it is somewhere to hunt

Comment

Also to add to BTLowry's post if you are riding an ATV you have to have you atv safety course and wear a helmet, but if your riding a UTV (mule, ranger, gator,etc.) all you have to have is the sticker. No safety course or a helmet

Comment

is the deer hunting decent destry?

Comment

i have shot many deer on the rifle draw hunts nothing to bragg about a descent 6 point but mostly does, i have only shot 2 deer with my bow and they were both doe. stalking hogs is really fun when things are slow in the stand it isn't extremely hard to get on hogs. I have shot several hogs with my bow out there. It is good hardwood bottoms and there are some thick places but for the most part it is all somewhat open. My buddy shot a 130" something? 2 years ago on a rifle draw hunt. There are big deer down there but you have to hunt hard or be really lucky

Comment

ya i think i am gonna give it a try. it will be somewhere to hunt during the week and improve on my hunting skills too

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Yes I drew a rifle tag there & missed a big 8 pt moving fast thru an edge of a field on the western part of the proprty

Comment

Anyone hunt there recently?

Comment

Lowry and Destry, SHUSH!!!!!!!

That dang place is getting crowded enough. Idiots skyblasting ducks, landowners riding 4wheelers up and down the fencelines because hunters aren't paying attention to boundaries. Heck, by this time next year there will probably be a bus stop to the parking areas.

Comment

Jeep is right, that place is overcrowded. The pigs are thinned out for sure, not much to see.

Comment

Working...
                                X