MLD 1 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLD 1 question

OK this is kind of a stupid question but I couldn't find the answer on TPWD web site. Does an MLD 1 Have an extended time period for filling the permits? General season was over on the 1st in Victoria county

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    OK this is kind of a stupid question but I couldn't find the answer on TPWD web site. Does an MLD 1 Have an extended time period for filling the permits? General season was over on the 1st in Victoria county
    No. It follows the general season. MLD 2 and 3 have the extended season.

Comment

Well darn
      Thanks

Comment

I am in Goliad County and on Level I for does. I can still hunt Muzzleloader season with the MLD doe permits. I am MLD only for does.

Comment

Man I wish, we're in DeWitt county and in the same boat.

Comment

So as a spin off from this, what is required to go from MLD 1 to MLD 2?

Comment

All my deer just disappeared a few weeks ago so I fell short on filling permits. A large group of hogs moved in and took over the feeders and ran the deer out.

Comment

No MLD 2 next year as I understand it. only 1 & 3

Comment

Originally posted by AgBass01 View Post
                  So as a spin off from this, what is required to go from MLD 1 to MLD 2?
                  For us basically wait a year. At the end of the first year you submit your kill data and answer bunch of questions

Comment

Victoria County:

You can take does during ML season with MLD permits north of 59.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                      For us basically wait a year. At the end of the first year you submit your kill data and answer bunch of questions
                      Interesting, we've been on level 1 for 6 years now. I might have to look into this.

Comment

Interesting, we've been on level 1 for 6 years now. I might have to look into this.
                        I went from 1 to 2 to 3 in 3 years and have been there ever since. But I also thinks it depends on what your biologist thinks and their plans are. Get a good relationship with them and it will probably help you out as well.

Comment

I should also note in the first year when we met with the Biologist and did the initial ranch tour we had a good visit. We were already doing every management expectation and then some. We let him know that what are goals and expectations were from the start.

Comment

Cool, I'll have to get in touch with the biologist and go from there.

Comment

Late doe and spike season is good for MLD 1 also

Comment

Working...
                              X