What is wrong with this turret

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is wrong with this turret

When I ordered this scope it was and still is listed on every website including theirs as 1/2 MOA adjustments. I called cameraland figuring they sent me a MIL unit by mistake. No mistake. They had me call Minox thinking it was a mistake by them. Nope. They say they only make this with MIL turrets. Never made it with MOA turrets despite the picture on their website showing it with MOA turrets. The manual sent with the scope says MOA adjustments. They had no explanation. I told them I'd send it back. But I couldn't find another scope with these specs (1-6 with illuminated reticle) in my price range. I paid $450ish as a demo. There wasn't a mark on it. So I decided to deal with the MIL turrets. Then I found this gem will zeroing my turrets out after sighting in today.

Even after all that I can't believe they screwed this simple little thing up. And this scope was made in the USA.

Is the reticle MOA or MIL?

Comment

Would appear that either the "up" arrow is wrong, or the graduations are labeled backwards. Or am I reading that wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
        Would appear that either the "up" arrow is wrong, or the graduations are labeled backwards. Or am I reading that wrong?
        That is it, up arrow is correct.

Can't believe they missed something that simple on a $800 retail scope.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
          Is the reticle MOA or MIL?
          Reticle is MIL

Comment

1/5 Mil? Never heard of that???

Comment

Basically a .2 mil/click adjustment. Kind of like the 1/2moa/click scopes instead of 1/4 moa/click.

Comment

Originally posted by txfireguy2003 View Post
                Basically a .2 mil/click adjustment. Kind of like the 1/2moa/click scopes instead of 1/4 moa/click.
                Yep, not a big deal on this gun because it isn't a long range gun.

I've sent them an email about the graduations on the turret being in reverse complete with pictures and everything. Interested to see their response/excuse.

Comment

looks like one of the windage knobs got over in the wrong batch. And got marked with an "UP" stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                    looks like one of the windage knobs got over in the wrong batch. And got marked with an "UP" stamp.
                    This is what I'm thinking... or that an elevation turret got put on the windage adjustment.
                    I've never seen a scope with the elevation on top.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                      This is what I'm thinking... or that an elevation turret got put on the windage adjustment.
                      I've never seen a scope with the elevation on top.

Elevation is always on top.

Got an email back and they offered me a turret from a different scope that is marked in 1/10 mils but in the correct direction. That doesn't really help me any. They are going to "see" if they can get the correct turret and said it might take while.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                        Elevation is always on top.

Got an email back and they offered me a turret from a different scope that is marked in 1/10 mils but in the correct direction. That doesn't really help me any. They are going to "see" if they can get the correct turret and said it might take while.
                        Brain fart... don't know how I typed that.

Comment

It happens to the best of us and apparently the design room at Minox is a solid green cloud of brain farts.

Maybe they will put me on staff for catching all of their screw ups.

Comment

Update, never got the replacement turret and now the ocular end is loose and moving all over the place causing POI to move all over the place. I see they've discontinued this line of scopes, I think I know why. Going back Monday, hopefully they replace it with something usable or saleable.

Comment

This is crazy! I didn't know Minox made scopes but now I'll make sure to keep a wide berth of them. Sorry for all your troubles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X