Golf Cart Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf Cart Build

Picked up a 94 TXT Medalist from a garage sale.

Building for the lease. Put a Jakes lift kit, new shocks, new heavy duty leaf springs.

Bought new batteries for it. I have ordered an Alltrax controller/solenoid going in next. New 2 gauge cables.

Put a back seat on.

Installed some headlights.

Got a TBH sticker ready to go on once i do a final wash.

Not to intrude but can you put a round about price on this thing? I rebuilt one last year (for the kids) and not sure that I saved any money really... Wanting one for me, just wondering if there is enough money saved to buy and build rather than buy new

Comment

Same here! I would love to have a kick arse cart for my place, but whats the best route?

Comment

Yeah I think the saving money by doing it myself was all a dream man...

But seriously, i do know that i have basically a brand new cart with quality components. I will have between $2500 and $3000 into it when it is all said and done. I honestly thought i could have done it for less than this. But, the rear leaf springs were weak, the controller upgrade, and probably an F&R switch adds up to about $800...

I want to build another one already. It is kind of addicting.
        Last edited by seeing reds; 11-18-2013, 08:54 AM. Reason: uh?

Comment

I agree with the addicting part, my last build was a blast, but with the cart alone and just batteries I was already up to 1200, and I hadn't even started yet... Ended up at about 3000 and still had some old parts I wanted to replace, but time and money got in the way

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Cheaper to buy than build, especially if you concider the time going into it. For me, its more of the hobby aspect than the savings.

Comment

ME and a buddy are looking into doing this. where did you get your parts from

Comment

I bought wheels tires and lift on ebay.
                  Seat on Amazon.
                  Controller/Solenoid from Carts unlimited.
                  Leaf springs from a local shop.

Its a fun project for sure.

Originally posted by txag10 View Post
                  ME and a buddy are looking into doing this. where did you get your parts from

Comment

Thanks. looks like it turned out pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X