Colorado Bighorn T/D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colorado Bighorn T/D

I have been away from bow hunting for quite a while. I have a Colorado Bighorn take down recurve bow. Does anybody know if they are still in business or if someone bought the company and design? I would like to get some new limbs.
    Thanks for looking.

Is there a bowyers name on the lower limb?
    Chris Kiefner

Comment

Fred Asbell owned the company. His bows had a curved limb bed.

He sold to King Calavier (sp?) number one jerk. His bows had straight limb beds.

He sold to Bob ? who passed away a couple of years back.

I believe that Glen Nelson, original bowyer for Fred , now has the presses and will make you any of the designs from the previous owners. He has sold some on Ebay. Do a search and see what pops up.

Comment

Yes, Fred Asbell owned it when I bought the bow, it does have a curved limb bed.
        Thanks for the input, I do appreciate it!

Comment

He is originally from here in Rockville. Nobody knows who he is though.
          Chris Kiefner

Comment

Need some sympathy

Well after an exhaustive search (a good 10 to 15 min) I can't find anybody to make me some 45# limbs for my bow. I guess I will just have to buy another one (bow that is) D@#$N!! The luck!!

Comment

Ron Nelson is still making Bighorn Bows and he sells them on Ebay. His email addy is ronswbc@aol.com . FYI he's been with Bighorn for a long time.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Frank, that's what I was hoping would come from this post.

Comment

Working...
                X