What is a good arrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is a good arrow?

Looking to change from FMJ arrows to something else. Maybe I have just had a bad run but every animal I have shot has bent the FMJ arrow. So I am looking for a durable Carbon shaft. Suggestions!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easton Axis or Gold tip Kinetic. I've had really good luck with both.

Comment

My favorite arrow is the one I just sent through the lungs of a deer or hog! I have had great success with the gold tip traditional (standard diameter) and just switched to the Easton Axis 5mm (As I want to try the skinnier shafts).

Comment

Let me know how those axis hold up. I shot some out of a wheel bow a while back and they were not very durable at the speeds I was shooting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I like the Black Eagle Vintage shafts.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Gold Tip Traditional and Carbon Express Heritage are both great shafts.

Comment

One that hits its mark every time

Comment

The last 10 years or so I have been shooting Arrow Dynamics Hammerheads....tapered shaft, very durable....the only weakness I have seen with them is the factory nocks...Easton makes a nock adapter that allows you to use G-Nocks....makes an awesome arrow!

Gold Tips are still great arrows as well, I still have some that I shoot regularly...

Comment

Originally posted by yleecoyote23 View Post
                  Easton makes a nock adapter that allows you to use G-Nocks....makes an awesome arrow!
                  nock adapter = UNI Bushing.....just thought of the name and couldn't edit my post.....

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                    One that hits its mark every time
                    This was my first thought.

I was happy to see some others on Trad forum using the Beman ICS hunters for trad which Ive used for my wheelbow with repeated love and abuse. The Beman centershots have an enamel I dont like chipping away at when comes time to refletching...solved by dissolving completely with acetone. The Carbon Aftermaths Im using have taken alot of love and passthrus with no bending but Id like a bit less gpi for some higher foc on lower point weights.

Good luck gtsticker.

Comment

I use gold tip trad classic 400. I have yet to break one. The deer and hogs have though. They have a good weight 11.4 gpi and 78 grain inserts. You can find the blemished shafts for a good price as well. Beman center shots are good too but I prefer the gt’s.

Comment

Carbon express blue streak

Comment

Carbon Express Heritage are the only carbon arrows I shoot trad. I'm sure the others mentioned are just as good but these are my personal preference.

Comment

How bout some nice wood arrows for your trad bow? I shoot footed shafts and have not damaged one in years hunting, stump shooting is another thing.
                            Bois d'arc footed doug fir does me fine for grouse up to shiras moose. Quiet and forgiving.

Comment

in for this one, need to get back into shooting the recurve

Comment

Working...
                              X