X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes life just gets in the way

Dark of the moon.
    Nice cool front just blew in.
    Here I am setting in the house keeping kids.
    Oh well. I love em, so I guess it's cool.

Rick

Better you than me. That said I'm at home too. Spent 5 days in Blackwell building a dock and drove home last night. Today is a day of laundry, restock and banking then back to the lease tomorrow.

Gonna try to squeeze in a visit with the grandson's too.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh and a visit to the chiropractor. [emoji38]

Comment

Life didn’t get in the way....LOVE did. Being a father is the most awesome and rewarding job there is brother. Embrace it and cherish it while you can. It can all be over in an instant. Trust me...I know.
        God Bless

Comment

[QUOTE=RickBarbee;12937449]Dark of the moon.
          Nice cool front just blew in.
          Here I am setting in the house keeping kids.
          Oh well. I love em, so I guess it's cool.

Rick[/QUOTE
          Been there done that in my younger years and totally understand. Forward 30 plus years enjoy these times because they will be gone in the blink of an eye. Hunting will always be there.

Comment

I had that same mindset when my first boy was born. We had back to back kids a year apart. They are now 6 and 5. Everything finally started to settle down and free time was pretty regular. Able to get out and hunt when I wanted. Now as of Monday we welcomed a new boy. Yup born during the best part of deer season. I wouldn't change a thing and realized what is more important in life. They grow up way too fast. Enjoy every second and look forward to the days of sharing your hobby with them together!

Comment

Congrats on the new baby antlers. I'm sure Rick is watching grand kids. He's no spring chicken. [emoji38]

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Congrats on the new baby antlers. I'm sure Rick is watching grand kids. He's no spring chicken. [emoji38]

Thanks!

Well with that said take them to the deer stand!

Comment

Work is in the way for me.

Comment

Yeah, if it aint grandkids Rick has some explaining to do...
                    Don't know about your area, but if a man was to turn an arrow loose here, he would need to allow for wind drift. SUBSTANTIALLY!

Comment

Oh, I'm no stranger to it. With 4 adult kids, and 13 grandkids, I'm all to familiar with the circumstance.

I wasn't complaining.

Heck the wind is blowing so hard, I don't think I could stand up enough to walk to my stands anyway.

Rick

Comment

Rick, if that wind was strong enough to bow you over, the rest of us are in Deep ____.
                        Getting back to the woods anytime soon?

Comment

Took my 11 year old daughter to the property this weekend. Went with the intentions of hunting. Instead, we just hung out in the cabin. Had the cabin (shed) built 5 years ago, still finishing it out. She and I had a great time, she even helped. Gonna go out again after Thanksgiving...gonna work on shooting with my daughter. She said she’d shoot a pig...that’s more important to me than deer hunting.

Comment

I definitely understand. My two little ones are 4 and 1 years old. They are a handful. Not to mention our house being flooded and being in the middle of a turnaround at work. Makes for some stressful times with the wife!

Comment

Working...
                            X