Best Hog Bump Feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Hog Bump Feeder

This will keep them there and working for a while. They will roll it around all night. Since putting this out most deer come to this and sift instead of going to the feeder. Material used; 6" pvc cut 5' long , 1- glue on 6" cap, 1- 6" female with screw in cap, 8' of 1/8 steel cable with 4 clamps, 1- swivel cleavace that will fit stake. I used a piece of drill stem for a stake and made it 6' long. Tried a 2 foot stake and found my tube about 70 yds away the next weekend. Drilled through the glue on cap end and threaded cable through and double clamped. Made the cable 6' long and attatched the swivel cleavace. Drilled 4 holes 1 ft apart at 12-3-6-9 and staggered so as it rolls it drops corn 6' apart. Used a 5/8 paddle bit. Drops about 3-7 kernals out each hole as it goes by. This length will hold #50 of corn with about 4 inches to spare.

Last edited by huntinpool; 02-28-2012, 09:42 PM.

sweet! thats an awesome idea! You can tell how muhc they were rolling it in the second pic

Comment

yep have one of those in my back yard so the squirrels can get a nice work out for some corn=]

Comment

Do the deer roll it?

Comment

very nice. I need to build a couple of those.

Comment

Perfect-o! You've got a great spot with some nice level, clear ground.

Do a search on "pig pipe" and you'll see a bunch of threads on these bad boys. I've got 4 of them on my lease. They work great.

Comment

Every deer since I put it out goes to the tube first. My feeder is about 15 yds farther away. Deer have nibbled up to it but have never seen one move it. Often the deer won't even go to the feeder even when the ground is covered. They seem more relaxed nibbeling around the tube instead. I mix wheat and chicken scratch in mine so the turkey will dig around longer as well.

Comment

With that size hole, how long does the 50# of corn last? I know the hog population makes the huge difference here, but how long does it last for you?

-lotsofshots

Comment

We tried that for the hogs but got tired of going to fill the pipe only to find it missing, then having to go look for the dang thing.

We used steel cable all the way through,tried using eye bolts that were double nutted and gauging the threads...finally, we hung them up in the trees.

Those dang hogs can be destructive!!!

Comment

I built a couple of them last week and am going to put them out this weekend.

Comment

We have alot of hogs and it still takes about a week to completely empty it. I used a piece of drill stem 6' long for a stake. 2' stake was pulled up and I found my tube in the woods 70 yds away. I ran the stell cable through the cap and pipe then used 2 clamps to hold it. Swivel on the stake end to prevent tangles.

Comment

feeder

Ijust got the supplies to make mine cant wait to put it out. Thanks for the ideal.

Comment

Looks great,thanks for sharing !

Comment

What size hole is the best to drill? I just made one, but haven't drilled the holes yet. I don't want to waste corn, but I don't want to not have enough.

Comment

Thanks to folks in this forum for sharing their ideas, here is few photo's of my version or your feeder. I have not yet stuck one, but as soon as they start visiting on a regular basis, "It's ON"!
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	PIC_0014.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	23840414

Name:	PIC_0015.JPG
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	23840415

Name:	PIC_0019.JPG
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	23840416

Name:	5-11-1.JPG
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	23840417

Not seen are some Malibu battery lights from another post.

Comment

Working...
                              X