No announcement yet.

Us navy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on your choice. I did four years 70-74. I was problably in the Gulf Of Tonkin with pazthru. My advice, study hard, make rank as fast as you can. I too, like Shankev, was an electrician. Please do yourself a favor, and go to sea. If you do not got to sea, you will regret not having the experience. It's rough,but I would't trade my days at sea for any experience you could have in any branch of the service.---Sailor

Comment

What Sailor said. I was in the Navy for 5 years (air traffic control) and wish that I had went to sea. As already stated, get a guaranteed A school before you join. Some of my best friends and best times of my life came from the Navy.

Comment

hey sailor, the gulf of tonkin yatch club patch. would make a great. avatar for you .just a thought. big thanks to you guys at yankee station. job well done !!

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
          hey sailor, the gulf of tonkin yatch club patch. would make a great. avatar for you .just a thought. big thanks to you guys at yankee station. job well done !!
          Love to still have my patch, but I lost it years ago along with my ships jacket. But I still have the hat. Haven't thought of that for years, thanks for the memory.

Comment

sailor, i got a patch with your name on it if you want it. shoot me a p.m. were to send. now back to.tx bowhunter and the navy . we are all proud of tx.!!!!! hopeing and wishing you the best! keep us updated

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_bowhunter View Post
              i have decided to join the us navy. are there any of yall that are current or retired navy guys??
              Thank you for your committment and service to our country.

Comment

thank you for all the support that you guys have showed... it was maybe not the easiest decesion but one that i think will help better myself for the future life after the navy. millitary experience i am told is a plus plus on applications

Comment

The best advise is in these posts. First congrats. on your choice and i wish you the best of luck.
                  I was in from 1982-1987. Came out as a AMS5 out of Lemoore naval air base Ca. It gave me a career. And it can you too. The good advise is to get a GUARANTEED-MOS. other wise you are just at their service and they can put you where needed. The other is to remember that this is not a joy trip, this is a job for you country. You will have times of unbelieveable joy and time of hard work and even pain.
                  Good luck- Its been a while but if you need pm me and i help if possible.

Comment

best of luck to you, my son is lookin forwards to joining after graduation next year

Comment

Originally posted by reconman View Post
                      I'll refrain from making any "remarks." The navy is just fine my friend. If I is where you will get the most outta your time served then that's the place for you! Think long and hard, its a big commitment, and not always the sight-seeing trip that recruiters can make it out to be. Be ready to work your tail off, be uncomfortable, and pushed to limits you never imagined you could reach. You'll never be the same or look at things the same again. You will be a better and wiser man for it! Congrats on the future and what it holds for you. Deciding to serve your country is a most honorable and sacrificing decision to make. I wish you all the best! Ooh-rah!!!
                      X2 reconman you said it the best . Go Navy , Go Marines Ooooh rah !!

Comment

Originally posted by shankev View Post
                        Did eight (8) as a shipboard electrician (EM rating). Advise...don't go in un-rated...get an A-School guaranteed after boot. Watch who you hang out with...getting in with the wrong crowd can lead to a lot of fun, but a lot of Captain's Masts as well (that equals less rank, restricted duty and sometimes costs you money). Make the most of it...
                        Thats some excellent advice.

Comment

Originally posted by waterdog View Post
                          sailor, i got a patch with your name on it if you want it. shoot me a p.m. were to send. now back to.tx bowhunter and the navy . we are all proud of tx.!!!!! hopeing and wishing you the best! keep us updated
                          Dog----you have a PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X