Shot a few arrows at lunch...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shot a few arrows at lunch...

I decided to shoot a few arrows at lunch to unwind. I was also seeing how my new batch of arrows flew fletched. They are flying like DARTS! Anyway, back to the shooting. I was at my 12-13 yard comfort zone and I seemed to be hitting a little high...consistently. I figured, what the heck and backed up to 20 yards. THWACK! I dropped the first arrow right in the crease below the 10 ring. I actually aim there regardless of the 10 ring because that is where I prefer to hit a live deer. I shot a couple more "kill shots" and put it up. I love ending on a good note. I still have flyers and struggle with confidence but dang I am having fun. I also seem to be getting familiar with my longbow. I will probably shoot a few more after work before I take the family out.

that great sound like your doing pretty good,wanted to let you know the bows are in transit and should be to Eric by monday if you have any questions or comments let me know thanks larry

Comment

Duck'n:

Great sooting. Try this if you can. Before you leave for work or before you go back to work after lunch, shoot one arrow only. Leave it in the target the remainder of the day (Unless it is raining) and think about the shot periodically throughout the day. If it was a good one, you will commend yourself. On the other hand if it was a "flyer" or not what you wanted, you will think about it as well and within a few days, your concentration will increase. So will your accuracy.

Trad shooting is great.

Doug Key

Comment

Thanks splitfinger, that sounds like a good exercise. Even with the compound, I will limit myself to "one shot" practice in the days leading up to a hunt...really builds confidence and concentration. I never thought about leaving the arrow in the target however. I will give that a try.

Comment

Good shooting duck'n. I know what you mean about ending on a good note. I try to do that myself.

Comment

Working...
          X