Good book to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
    I'm about to start Extreme Ownership by Jocko Willink and Leif Babin.
    Great book! I'm reading it for the second time right now.

Comment

Good To Greatis another great book.

Comment

My current read is Extreme Ownership
        On Deck: Coyote America
        In the hole:
        --Beam Straight UP, The story of the first family of Bourbon
        --Friday, Saturday, Sunday in Texas: A Year in the Life of Lone Star Football, from High
        School to College to the Cowboys
        --American Serengeti: The Last Big Animals of the Great Plains
        --How the Gringos Stole Tequila: The Modern Age of Mexico's Most Traditional Spirit
        --American Buffalo: In Search of a Lost Icon
        --Tools of Titans: The Tactics, Routines, and Habits of Billionaires, Icons, and World-Class Performers

Comment

HELL I WAS THERE by: ELMER KEITH

Comment

Just finished Cameron Hanes book, Backcountry bowhunting. Was a great read just fyi

Comment

Battle Royale by Takami Kosun

Comment

Originally posted by tkc View Post
                i loved the "left behind" series. Read them all and couldn't put them down once i started. I also love "wild at heart".

this

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                  Lone Star Nation
                  The Captured
                  War and Peace
                  Just got The Captured. Ty..................

Comment

Tough Trip. I think I saw this originally recommended here. Great book.

Comment

This has been posted a couple times, at least. Do a search and come up with a bunch more good suggestions. As for me, here's one of my favorites: "Aztec" by Gary Jennings. The best way I can describe it is it's a story about a pre-Columbian Forrest Gump.

Comment

For Sci-fi, Year of The Unicorn by Andre Norton, For Old West, Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides (about Kit Carson), for philosophy, the short story The Library of Babel by Spaniard Jorge Luis Borges

Comment

The Captured is a must read. Hunted that dirt for 25 years.......
                          Currently reading:
                          Killers of The Flower Moon / The Osage Murders
                          It is fascinating and infuriating what the whites did to Indians............

Comment

Just finished reading Firebirds by Chuck Carlock a first hand account of helicopter combat in Vietnam My cousins husband was mentioned several times in the book and received numerous military metals and was part of Reagans inauguration. They went through hell and then got treated like crap when came home.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                              Just finished reading Firebirds by Chuck Carlock a first hand account of helicopter combat in Vietnam My cousins husband was mentioned several times in the book and received numerous military metals and was part of Reagans inauguration. They went through hell and then got treated like crap when came home.
                              Yup. Had a neighbor that was a side gunner. Got blown out of the chopper twice. He thanked god for rice patties...............

Comment

If you haven't read Elmer Kelton, you are missing some good reads. He personally reviewed one of my books, "Lotions,Potions and Deadly Elixirs. I have some others on Amazon under Wayne Bethard you might try a sample of.

Comment

Working...
                                X