No announcement yet.

building deer blind... door?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check Craigslist for RV doors. They Are easy to cut an opening for and come with airtight sealing and already painted. I have paid under a 100 bucks on several of them.

Comment

If you like rebuilding every few years, go with OSB & Interior doors. You will not be disappointed.

Or, you could build one out of scrap 1x's. I have done this twice with reclaimed cedar siding. Similar to an outhouse door.

Like this one:

Comment

^^^^^ Like this alot!

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter_Man View Post
          well, i got ahold of deerview and man, that kit is out of my budget. it's 159$ for the kit. trying to build this on a semi-decent budget.

on another note, what do ya'll use for siding? OSB? plywood?

Our standard door kit, 30x72, runs $138.50.

Comment

ok.... well, i decided to do an experiment... and it came out really well.
            i went ahead and bought a clearanced prehung interior door for 39$. took it home and added it to the framing (no walls yet). used a can of the spray seal stuff on it and man, it's hard as a ROCK. i completely covered every area of the door... sides... bottom... top, hinges... etc. i can't scrape the stuff with a nail. it's much like my factory bedliner in my truck.... sprayed it with a hose for about 5 min and it was completely dry within minutes. water just beaded off. looks like it may work... at least for now.

Comment

Pics?

Comment

Made mine out of plywood, 4 years now and rattle canned it with paint...

Comment

here it is... this is before I added the windows and paint. haven't gotten a pic of it yet.

Comment

Working...
                  X