m3500 stoeger Reviews??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

m3500 stoeger Reviews??

Anybody had any experience with this gun. They are cheaper then the benelis and brownings, but they still look pretty well made.

I've had one for about 7 years, no complaints at all. you are going to get a few people telling you that cheap shells wont work in this gun, not true. The guns have some type of shipping grease in them when they are new. If you don't clean them really good before you start using it, the grease will act like a magnet for dirt. And once you get enough dirt in there(or any auto) you will start having feeding issues. So if you do get one clean out of the grease and you will never have a problem.

Comment

good to hear! What stores carry them?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear95 View Post
        good to hear! What stores carry them?

Got mine at Cabelas, I have seen them at Grander Mountain.
        You might check out Buds on line, their prices are hard to beat.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...7_956/Stoeger/

Comment

As long as you understand that their "inertia" action is in no way shape or form the same as a Benelli. I had a Stoeger m2000 and that was the only gun I ever regret buying. I sold it and bough an 870. I had to send it back to Benelli 2x for failure to feed the 2nd shell.

Comment

Great duck and goose gun. Have posted the same elsewhere on here, but I have the M3500 and really enjoy it. Have had fewer issues with mine than my hunting partners have had with their guns that cost twice as much. That doesn't mean no issues, but any auto loader that sits in a dirt pit or mucky duck blind is going to have some issues from time to time.

Wouldn't recommend as a dove/upland gun just because it's a bit front heavy with the inertia system in the forend.

Also the 3.5 in rounds kick like hell if you don't put the weight in the stock. I switched to shooting purely 3in rounds, which is plenty for decoying ducks and geese and it's very pleasant to shoot.

I would not hesitate to get another one, good gun that fits a need at that price point.

Comment

Had my 3500 for almost 2 years and I love it but like mentioned above it kept jamming with 2 3/4 shells once I cleaned it out good have never had a problem since. Great duck and dove gun. Academy sells them as well as cabelas great gun for the money.

Comment

Working...
              X