Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Just thankful we had such a wet winter, our brush still looks great because of it... won't be long though and we'll be burnt up.

No great sheds, but a few of them.

At the ranch now... we got .4” at the ranch last night... just enough to wet the ground, soaked up quick.
    Hwy1 area
    Brush looks great, grass is crispy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This was one month ago to the day

Comment

I hunted P/L one yr and we got less than 1in the whole yr. Only the tough survive on those yrs. It's still early guys. Hopefully we'll be blessed with some late April rains

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
          I hunted P/L one yr and we got less than 1in the whole yr. Only the tough survive on those yrs. It's still early guys. Hopefully we'll be blessed with some late April rains

April showers bring May flowers right!?

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post

This was one month ago to the day

Wow!!! That looks like Pumpville Texas....
            That's bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
              Wow!!! That looks like Pumpville Texas....
              That's bad.
              Pumpville. LOL

I loved me some Pumpville back in the day.

Comment

Today

Comment

How many miles down pipeline were y’all Bo? We are about 6 miles down. The road is in much better shape now than it used to be, or so I’m told. It’s still a little bumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
                    How many miles down pipeline were y’all Bo? We are about 6 miles down. The road is in much better shape now than it used to be, or so I’m told. It’s still a little bumpy.
                    No you are hunting in the big dog neighborhood back then. We hunted 42mile min. That dry yr we was 42miles down that dirty Nasty Rd. Loved it every trip Tho. We had everything you could have dreamed for out there.

Comment

No you are hunting in the big dog neighborhood back then. We hunted 42mile min. That dry yr we was 42miles down that dirty Nasty Rd. Loved it every trip Tho. We had everything you could have dreamed for out there.

I can’t imagine having to drive 42 miles down that road. I always heard how terrible it was. I’ll bet it took a long time to get there.

Comment

I can’t imagine having to drive 42 miles down that road. I always heard how terrible it was. I’ll bet it took a long time to get there.
                        2hrs from pavement to the gate

Comment

2hrs from pavement to the gate

Did y’all kill any big deer ? Did you have Nilgai then? I remember you posting a long time ago about putting concrete in a sewer pipe. Is that the ranch? 😁

Comment

Did y’all kill any big deer ? Did you have Nilgai then? I remember you posting a long time ago about putting concrete in a sewer pipe. Is that the ranch? [emoji16]
                            Yeah that was my last ranch on P/L. When we started deer numbers were low and on a wet yr. Big deer were killed. We hunted that area from 89' till 2001. The last 6 or 7 yrs it seemed to just get worse and worse. A lot of hunters moved in and a lot of the top ranches were just shot out. Deer numbers got really out of hand during those yrs also. I think the numbers played a big factor on horn going away also. I will always miss that country being that's where it all started for me and my father.

A lot of the ranches got split up over the yrs since we started. That also didn't help anything

Comment

Yeah that was my last ranch on P/L. When we started deer numbers were low and on a wet yr. Big deer were killed. We hunted that area from 89' till 2001. The last 6 or 7 yrs it seemed to just get worse and worse. A lot of hunters moved in and a lot of the top ranches were just shot out. Deer numbers got really out of hand during those yrs also. I think the numbers played a big factor on horn going away also. I will always miss that country being that's where it all started for me and my father.

A lot of the ranches got split up over the yrs since we started. That also didn't help anything

We do have a lot of deer. We have Nilgai too though. This is our first year there. Not sure what to expect really. We have lots of water so that should help. Did you fill your place yet? I know we need rain but hopefully we get a little less than last year. That was a mess.

Comment

We see Nilgai all the way back in the beginning. They have always been out in that country

Comment

Working...
                                X