22 nosler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 nosler

I was at the dsc and seen that nosler is coming out with the 22 nosler for a ar 15 platform. Uses the 223 bolt but the case is fatter. Needs a 6.8 mag.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I would want it in a bolt gun. Sweet varmint cartridge

Comment

It's a screamer! Wow!

Comment

Edit I should read first

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
          So this is gonna fit in an ar15 platform?
          Yes. With the same 223 bolt

Comment

They told me there are 5 or 6 ar manufacturers that are going to make them. and midway will sell barrels and uppers chambered in it this year.

Comment

Sweet. Been looking at 22lbc and 22x6.8 stuff. I'd probably be in on it

Comment

Nosler is about 5 yrs to late to the "AR new cartridge platform" party

gonna be an epic failure just like many of the WSSM / WSM cartridges

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                  I would want it in a bolt gun. Sweet varmint cartridge

No need to keep reinventing the wheel. The 22/250 is better than both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wonder how they're dealing with pressures. The 6.8 and 6.5 bolts went through a little window of trouble did they not. Most are beefed up now or 9130 steel or both. How's this one gonna run with standard 556 bolts?

Comment

Wonder how they're dealing with pressures. The 6.8 and 6.5 bolts went through a little window of trouble did they not. Most are beefed up now or 9130 steel or both. How's this one gonna run with standard 556 bolts?
                      Well it has the sandard 223 bolt so it has thicker walls than the 6.8 and the 6.5 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

My thoughts with them trying to benchmark against the .223 vs a real hot rod

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post

And the .223 still does just as good of a job as anything else so why have anything different? New is fun and a reason for new rifles

Comment

Those bolts were failing due to the larger bolt face diameter and the reduced amount of material required on the bolt with them.

This one looks to have a rebated rim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

22 nosler

Did anyone else catch the misprint on that loading book page?

Oh and 22nosler.com doesn't appear to be up & running yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X