Getting rid of a skunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of a skunk?

We have a skunk that likes to burrow under our porch and driveway. I've been sealing up all of the entrances but it keeps showing up.

What is the best way to get rid of it? We live in the city so I'm guessing either a trap or go buy a good pellet gun?

The three S

Comment

Pellet gun. You should have one anyway. They are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
        Pellet gun. You should have one anyway. They are fun.

any recommendations?

Comment

Live trap. Then you will need to put it to sleep with needle on pole. No other way to keep from spraying

Comment

Smaller live trap pushed up to where they are digging in. Place a piece of bread with peanut butter in trap. Tie a 20 foot rope on to cage. When it is trapped pull out in yard, blast with shotgun. The neighbors will not care because you are getting rid of a skunk. Leave in cage all day. Come home from work and dump it in a dumpster.
            I caught 7 in 7 nights with this pattern under our pier and beam house
            Good luck

Comment

Live trap, use cat food for bait. Then shoot it or cover with tarp or towel so spray is blocked when you move. If you have a pond close by tie a long rope on to trap and drag to water and drown him.

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                Smaller live trap pushed up to where they are digging in. Place a piece of bread with peanut butter in trap. Tie a 20 foot rope on to cage. When it is trapped pull out in yard, blast with shotgun. The neighbors will not care because you are getting rid of a skunk. Leave in cage all day. Come home from work and dump it in a dumpster.
                I caught 7 in 7 nights with this pattern under our pier and beam house
                Good luck

This.

I always cover the sides and top of the cage with plastic though so they can’t spray out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Live trap. Then you will need to put it to sleep with needle on pole. No other way to keep from spraying
                  Live trap, tarp to wrap around trap, rope, a pond and about 5 minutes.

Comment

He is in neighborhood so I would imagine dragging to a pond would be difficult- gonna have to put it to sleep

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      He is in neighborhood so I would imagine dragging to a pond would be difficult- gonna have to put it to sleep
                      Make that a 60 ft rope. Toss cage over neighbors fence into his blue wal mart pool for 5 min and then reel it back in.

I am no help I know

Comment

You could shoot it with a pellet gun or catch it and inject it with acetone with a kill pole and it won't spray.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          any recommendations?

Not really. I have a Ruger, but nothing special. Been wanting to upgrade though.

Comment

Working...
                          X