Leupold scope issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leupold scope issue

I have a VX-2 4-12X40 CDS and I love it. I was so happy with it I decided to spend a little more and order a VX-3i 4.5-14X40 CDS for my 6.5 Creedmoor.

Well it arrived today and first thing I noticed when I put it to my eye is the reticle seems to have a manufacturing defect. Hard to describe what the problem is but it appears the left side is bent or twisted and it's a darker color than the right side.

Midway wants to charge me an additional shipping fee to exchange it. I don't think I should have to come any amount out of pocket to exchange a defective product for a new one.

Should I go the warranty route with Leupold or will would that be slow and too much trouble?

Also, what do y'all think about the VX-3i? Should I even exchange for a new one or just get something else? I am a little bit underwhelmed with the quality for the money. Maybe I just got a bad one?

I wouldn’t want to pay to get another new to replace a brand new scope that shouldn’t have been messed up in the first place.

Comment

I'd look at the warranty option.

Comment

Leupold has one of the best CS in the industry and fast turn around. I'd definitely go that route

Comment

Originally posted by ahlongslide View Post
          Leupold has one of the best CS in the industry and fast turn around. I'd definitely go that route
          X2 Sent one off to Leupold and got it back in less than two weeks. No questions asked. Great company

Comment

If it was a defective product, whoever sold it to you should give you a UPS or FEDEX account no. on them and send you another scope that is perfect. That is just the right way to do business. Good luck.

Comment

Go the factory route..

Comment

Any thoughts on the VX-3i?

Comment

I would call Leupold first. If you have to go back to Midway i would speak with upper level CS supervisor. Please post your resolution to this problem. I bet it will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Comment

The 3xi is not equal to the 3x. I have 6 3xs and 2 3xi, and the 3xs are heavier, stiffer, the mag adjust is more solid, the windage and elevation adjustments have a more satisfying solid click. I am a big Leupold fan, but the 3xi is a step back. I have been buying 3xs on the resale market for less money and am happy to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                      Any thoughts on the VX-3i?

They are great, we have 3 VX-3l's along with several VX-3's and VariX-III's.

Leupold will make it right in about 3 weeks usually. Midway should and I'm amazed they are not based on my experience there. I would contact Midway again.

Comment

Leupold will certainly make it right and they're usually pretty quick with CS; but I'd call back to Midway and try another rep or ask to speak to a supervisor. That's HORRIBLE CS and I'm really surprised. They're usually very accommodating. I think you could get a quicker resolution through Midway but I agree with you - it shouldn't cost YOU a dime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sounds about right for Midway. Leupold will set it right.

Comment

One thing you need to do for certain when contacting Leupy is include receipt & explanation of the crappy response from Midway...they need to know that their high volume dealer isn't working with you.

Comment

I just bought the same scope and it's great! I would try to get midway to replace but if not just go thru warranty.

Comment

Working...
                              X