A couple of bird/trout knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of bird/trout knives

Here are two of my upswept bird and trout knives that I finished this weekend. I'm pushing my own limits on "thin." The handles on these are both under 1/2" thick at the palm swell with some contour, and the tangs are both tapered down to 1/16". The white one is D2 steel with a stabilized mesquite bolster and a bone handle. The wood one is 154 CM steel with a satinwood bolster and stabilized mesquite handle. This mesquite is some that I harvested myself and had stabilized. OAL on the white one is 7 3/4, brown one is 7 3/8. These are some of the lightest, thinnest knives I've ever done, and ought to be great for caping or small game. One of them is an order, and I'm holding back the mesquite one for the Knifemaker's Guild show for my probationary member judging.

My last post got deleted for some reason. Presumably I was percieved as promoting my work or soliciting business. Just to be clear, these are not for sale, and I'm not soliciting orders at this time. Enjoy the pictures for what they are... pictures.

Absolutely some of the finest knives I have ever seen!

Awesome work.

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Beautiful knives, really like the mesquite one.

Comment

Absolutely beautiful!! Wish you were takin orders

Comment

beautiful work jason

Comment

DANG! Those are real nice.

Comment

Really nice Jason; they both look great.

Comment

Well done Jason! Very clean and well balanced.

Comment

I never comment on the knife threads, However Eric this set of knifes are real art / craftsmen ship.

Great work....

Comment

awsome

Comment

They aren't for sale? The first thing I looked for was the price haha. I would buy one, nice work! As mentioned before I dont comment on knife threads either.

Comment

Very nice work!!

Ray

Comment

very nice, i would spend a pretty penny for one like those

Comment

Working...
                            X