No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

45" Pike caught on Eagle"s Nest Lake on #8 Wooly Bugger by the owner of Taos Fly Shop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pike Pic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	24543798

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      45" Pike caught on Eagle"s Nest Lake on #8 Wooly Bugger by the owner of Taos Fly Shop.

[ATTACH]913922[/ATTACH]
      What a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        What a beast.

The fish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Burnadell, if you land one of those monsters on the Fly we better dang well get pics. The picture above would have me trying to leave today if it was already scheduled.

Burnt a little today trying to get on some sandbass on Chambers reservoir with the fly. I haven't fished that lake in a few years, apparently things have changed.
          Last edited by Dry Bones; 07-01-2018, 07:06 PM. Reason: Above pic

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
            Burnadell, if you land one of those monsters on the Fly we better dang well get pics. The picture above would have me trying to leave today if it was already scheduled.

Burnt a little today trying to get on some sandbass on Chambers reservoir with the fly. I haven't fished that lake in a few years, apparently things have changed.
            Don't worry about pics! I will blow up the screen!

Our destination fishing spot is the San Juan River this year, but we will be in Angel Fire before going up there. I got a wild hair and decided to book a half day on Eagle's Nest Lake while waiting around to fill the time; been wanting to do that lake. We will see how it works. We would have a better chance with spinning tackle and trolling, but who wants to do that? So...we will be tossing the flies!

Comment

Good luck, Randy! Sounds like a great week ahead of you. Looking forward to seeing your pics and reading the stories.

Comment

Thanks, Shane. Hope to get a few tugs on the line!

Comment

If any of you guys have 10 minutes to kill, you tube “hank Patterson: think like a fly”

It’s hilarious

I don’t know how to embed you tube videos or I would

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post
                    If any of you guys have 10 minutes to kill, you tube “hank Patterson: think like a fly”

It’s hilarious

He's videos are great! I like the one where he talks about presenting a dry fly

Comment

Just got back from floating the Eagle outside of Vail. Water was low already but fishing was great. Fished streamers 75% of the time but most fish came on the nymph rig.

Name:	IMG_7540.jpg
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	24543832

Name:	Rainbow.jpg
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	24543833

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post
                        Just got back from floating the Eagle outside of Vail. Water was low already but fishing was great. Fished streamers 75% of the time but most fish came on the nymph rig.

[ATTACH]914072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914073[/ATTACH]
                        Oh, babyyyy! Nice catches!

Comment

Originally posted by Derrik View Post

[ATTACH]914072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]914073[/ATTACH]
                          Did you go with Colorado Angler? My brother is probably going to float the Eagle on Wednesday with them....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                            Did you go with Colorado Angler? My brother is probably going to float the Eagle on Wednesday with them....
                            I went with Vail Valley Anglers for my fourth year in a row. Real good crew. Hopefully the water holds up for your brother - the lack of snowfall is really hurting the water levels.

Comment

Not nearly as cool location, but can't beat the fight. Gave my old Martin Click and Pawl a good go.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by klooney View Post

It’s hilarious

Dang it. I now need a copy of a "River Runs Through It"

Comment

Working...
                                X