No announcement yet.

Live from the Social Club (Price drop from $327,000 to $297,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that looks awesome Heath. Congrats on all of your hard work. It will provide you with many years of enjoyment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Saaaweeeet!

Comment

Looks great Heath!!!

Comment

Looking really good. You will be hunting and watching college football in style this year. For your sake, hopefully the horns give you lots to cheer about....but I hope not [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Loving it Man!

Comment

Heck of a weekend! Nice work on the rock! Looks great man!

Skinny

Comment

Looks good, that buck is gonna be nice!

Comment

Looks great !

Comment

Great weekend for sure!
                    Congrats!

Comment

That turned out great! This kinda of work sure is fun.

I’m getting my supply list ready this morning. We are heading west tomorrow after work. Looking forward to 5 days at the SDC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Looking really good out there, Heath!

Comment

Thanks guys for all the compliments. There has been a ton of work up to this point to take a piece of raw land and turn it into where it sits today. By no means is the work over, but all the major projects in my head are done. I can start to relax and working on the smaller projects. Last year I was so focused on getting the property ready for my wife to hunt during rifle season I did not attempt a single bow hunt.

Now my attention has turned on how to figure out how to bow hunt this place. I currently have 3 ladder stands ready to go, but I do know ground blinds are going to be my best bet in most locations. The problem is I have 3 ladder stands and no ground blinds. Being in snake country, I would prefer to evaluate them as well and that adds to the overall cost! Did I mention owning land is expensive and we blew past the budget months ago. I do prefer to hunt out of ladder stands, so I am going to see if I can make this work.

The problem is I am mainly going to get a SE wind. The circle are my feeders. There is a nice group of oaks by my most northern feeder. The more South wind I get, the better this spot would be. I do think its hard on small acreage to set something up. I may need to put in a gate on my NW corner so I can enter the property from up top. Ben brought up a good point in the fact that I can move feeders and make the deer go where I want them, but I also have to keep in mind hunting the entire year and my rifle setup for my wife and friends.

SC deer travek .pdf

Wind History for SC - Oct Only .pdf

Wind History for SC.pdf

Comment

congrats Heath.. and thanks

Comment

Live from the Social Club

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                              congrats Heath.. and thanks

Hope this helped out. Let me know if you have any questions to you container build.
                              Last edited by Heath; 07-02-2018, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Build you a ground blind or by some. Wink Wink. Put them on the West side of the feeder. Maybe a toward west north west. But west will work if you have a sun shield to block morning sun.. Ladder blinds are great cause you can see lots, but they can see you long before it matters. Also on small places, you need to do your damage in Oct before Gun season. So that means that the hunts in Oct need to be stealth hunts. Come into camp quite. Not alot of outside activity. No big fires or loud music or Basketball dunking cause I know you have mad hops. You have some really decent deer for your area and you need to target them early. Once gun season cranks it is a whole different ball game. Having the gate on the other end will also help big time if you have that option. Also limit any interior driving on the ranch. You got big feeders so let them do there thing and stay away from them. Only sneak into blind and sneak out. Hope this helps..

Comment

Working...
                                X