Hog's when it's hot out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maglite View Post
    I gut ASAP and haul it to the car wash to wash off and then I hang and quarter and put it in an ice chest and cover with ice and salt and let it bleed itself out for 3 or 4 days draining the water daily and adding ice!! Never had a problem with a couple hours!!

Lots of ice

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
      Lots of ice

Skinny
      did you go back in a time machine??????

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
        Lots of ice

Skinny
        Nice necropost!

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
          If you can't find your hog at the end of a short blood trail, go get another.
          Word

Comment

Harvested lots also during the summer, and all year. If I put it down, I process it. I get them processed and on ice as soon as possible. I have had several occasions when I have more than 6-8 pigs down at once, the last one skinned is just as good as the first, even in the summer. Just put em in the shade, while they are pending the skinning rack.

Comment

If you want a meat hog and are wanting to make sure it’s a quick recovery, just shoot it in the head with a rifle and do your thing. If it’s for the fun of shooting one with a bow, shoot one and if you can’t recover it in time, pick up some pork chops onthe way home and try again when you can.

Comment

OP hasn't been active since 10/2013...

But I agree with BBReezen, just pop'em in the head or behind the ear for DRT.

Comment

Originally posted by txhunter-1 View Post
                  .... If I put it down, I process it. I get them processed and on ice as soon as possible. I have had several occasions when I have more than 6-8 pigs down at once ...
                  seems like a lota work ...

Comment

from shot to complete done covered in ice no more than 1 hour. I don't gut. just the two hams and back straps.

Comment

Working...
                    X